Editor in Chief
We’re looking for a creative, proactive and highly motivated Editor in Chief with the highest standards of quality control, editorial writing and attention to detail to join an inhouse editorial quality control team working for a client based in Riyadh. The role will initially be for 6 months with the potential to extend.
You will be a key partner in a busy Project Management Office function focused on ensuring the highest levels of quality and consistency on all external communications across every department in the organisation. We are looking for someone comfortable working under pressure while dealing with the client’s C-suite and senior leadership team.
The mandate of the Editor in Chief will include:
- Development of internal processes and authority matrices to facilitate review and approval of all formal, external communications and document tracking
- Quality control on written and visual content including, but not limited to press and marketing collateral, formal invitations and similar external communications, investor decks, website content, partner decks, board presentations etc.
- Internal communications content drafting – investor decks, website content, partner decks, board presentations, etc
- Implementation of brand strategy, brand voice and brand Identity usage guidelines to maintain the integrity of the expression of the brand
- Creation of relevant tools to help support the development and improvement of content generated within the organization, such as writing style guides, glossaries etc.
The successful candidate will need to bring fresh ideas, creative thinking, energy and a solutions oriented strategic mindset to producing high quality, tailored written and visual content.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Produce/Review high quality English content with exceptional eye for detail in multiple styles, from formal external communications, web copy, news releases, social media content, speeches, powerpoint presentations and marketing collateral.
- Manage client feedback and deadlines, frequently in live, high-pressure environments, ensuring planned output includes approvals and final edits, and is tracked.
- Independently counsel clients with confidence, maturity and professionalism on content quality
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative content ideas to the client and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Deliver strategic senior counsel on content including how content is managed through the creation, review, and archival processes internally and externally
- Ensure content is delivered on time and exceeds client’s expectations in terms of quality and professionalism
- Curious, creative and up for a challenge
- Smart and a clear communicator
- Friendly and positive in a team environment
- Confident in client facing situations
- Passionate and knowledgeable about editorial content
- An optimist
- Obsessive about attention to detail
- Happy to work hard and outside working hours
- A problem solver
- Previous experience in fast-paced content creation environment
- Knowledge of the region, culture and working practices
- Relevant editorial industry qualifications
- University degree (or equivalent experience)
- 10 years+ relevant experience (with four years’ senior leadership experience)