Director of Digital Planning + Optimization
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
We would like to appoint a Director of Digital Planning + Optimization to become an accelerant and further catalyst for development of Innovation and growth in the METIA region, part of a collaborative creative, strategic and innovation hub for our clients and network. The Director will take the lead role for digital in the METIA region, based in the UAE or Saudi Arabia (other options can be considered within region)
Our Director of Digital Planning + Optimization will develop digital strategies and eco-system plans for our clients across the whole digital consumer journey, and brings knowledge of the digital customer journey planning across:
- Website development
- Digital transformation
The director and team will work closely with the Innovation + Creative Hub, the Studio and the practice teams to ensure the solutions seamlessly blend the earned, owned, paid and shared media strategies both on and off line.
As a role model for your team and a ‘trusted consultant’ to your clients, you are passionate about digital transformation, always looking for news and trends, and will become a go-to expert in the region for support on clients and new business in this area. You are committed to a hands-on approach to solving challenges, working with teams and clients to develop and implement digital solutions.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
- Bring a deep knowledge of strategies for consumer engagement across the digital consumer journey from awareness, to engagement through to purchase. Understand the connection and impact of elements of the strategy including influencer marketing, social campaigns, search engine marketing (SEM), display advertising and eCommerce.
- Independently counsel with confidence, maturity and professionalism on integrated communication strategies, stakeholder engagement, digital and social media plans and content strategies
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Act as lead client contact during the phases of campaigns and develop comprehensive digital and optimization strategies that incorporate industry best practices and are integrated and aligned with existing plans.
- Develop and analyse an online digital and influencer audit, then develop standards, systems and best practices for digital planning + optimization strategies including their maintenance including real time development.
- In conjunction with our data + measurement teams define new way to help measure the ROI of our digital campaigns, define KPI’s and implement measurement and reporting methods to gauge success for client campaigns
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive client relationship building behavior and champion stand-out work
- Work well within collaborative, integrated teams, displaying a proven ability in running a team, controlling timelines and budgets, anticipating issues and working towards solution of complex problems
- Be confident in managing and resolving challenges with clients around scope, performance, results and similar issues
- Lead and facilitate effective brainstorms internally
- Create, lead and deliver presentations with impact
- Draw from H+K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
- Train and inspire the offices you work with around digital transformation, planning and optimisation
- Demonstrate a clear ability to lead teams
- Support the practice lead and regional management team in terms of agency/sector vision and model the desired behaviours
- Embody the agency vision and culture of collaboration with your teams and lead by example
- Act as a rigorous Line Manager if required; develop SMART career plans for direct report/s, be diligent in performance management in line with global structure, and mentor/coach team members to develop their potential
- Play a central role in recruiting new talent and retention of existing talent in the team/agency
- Actively encourage and support your direct reports in attending training as well as other relevant training events within or outside the agency
- Identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion using the full Creative Process and other structures for new business developments. Lead new business pitches and make an active contribution
- Assume responsibility for budget monitoring, revenue forecasting, fee negotiation, staff planning and managing over-servicing levels for profitability on clients you directly lead
- Have a solid overview of all H+K’s offering, strategic services, METIA and Global network, and WPP Group and be able to identify areas of partnership and growth within the existing client portfolio
- Act as H+K spokesperson, participate in thought leadership opportunities, public speaking at key trade shows, conferences etc
- Develop relationships with regional professional bodies
- Be familiar with H+Ks social media policy and professional practices
- Exemplify the company’s ethics, vision and values in daily work
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
- Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services and training clients and teams in key skillsets
- Be seen as a leader within your office; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
- Successfully manage employee issues and difficult employee communications to a productive outcome
- Build a presence in the industry and develop a network of contacts to deliver new business leads and insights
- Complete mandatory training courses for progression to next level
- University degree in relevant specialism
- 12+++ years’ relevant industry experience (including agency)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset