Public Relations Director
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
The New York team serves a wide portfolio of brands and businesses across a variety of sectors including technology, sports, healthcare and financial and professional services. This fast paced and ambitious team delivers award winning work for some of the world’s largest brands and some of the most exciting market disrupters. No matter the client or the sector, we challenge ourselves to create campaigns and content that cuts through and creates tangible impact.
New York is proudly home to H+K’s US’ Innovation and Creativity hub - a center of excellence focused on innovating the products and services H+K offers our clients – including content and publishing, behavioral science and a Creative studio.
We currently have an opening for a Public Relations Director to join our growing team. Ideally this person will have brand-building experience, but we’re not looking for a cookie cutter “consumer” person – we want someone with the ability to stretch and apply the principles of brand building across sectors, partnering with sector experts for depth of knowledge. The ideal candidate is a smart strategist who understands that strategy lives or dies in execution. They also should be a thoughtful client counselor who has the bravery to challenge conventions if it will deliver a better result. Experience delivering purpose-driven communication and in sustainability is a plus.
While we are obsessed with our clients and doing great work for them, people are at the heart of our business. We are looking for a director with a collaborative working style and a commitment to developing their team and junior staffers.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Trusted client advisors: an active listener who builds strong partnerships and confidently offers counsel
- Strategic thinker: understands our clients’ business and communications challenges and develop smart, insight-driven strategies to overcome those challenge
- Creative spark: brings a fresh perspective to our clients and develops ideas that challenge conventions
- Growth mindset: actively seeks opportunities for organic growth; proactively seeks new business leads and has a history of leading and winning pitches
- Operationally savvy: experience effectively managing multiple client budgets up to $2 million in fee and in resource allocation
- People-centric: committed to the development of team members through active coaching and mentoring
- Progressive mind-set: interested in evolving communications and the role of PR within the marketing mix; brave enough to try new approaches and adopt new technologies and willing to take calculated risks to do better and more meaningful work
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Work on big budget assignments with challenging communications issues to address
- Be part of a dynamic office: Join a team of smart sector experts and specialists who are innovating the products and services we bring our clients
- Do the kind of work that creates more than coverage… we have the potential to create change and make a positive impact on the world around us
- We’re in growth mode: Help to shape H+K NY’s next chapter in a rapidly changing business and communications landscape
- Access our world class training and development program – including WPP training
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has been at the forefront of strategic communications since 1927. Today, our team of trusted advisors and creative experts work across 13 offices in the United States, in disciplines including corporate, crisis, consumer marketing, technology, healthcare, content marketing, digital communications as well as public affairs and financial communications. Our commitments to our people and to fostering a culture of work-life blend have led to the firm earning the prestigious Work-Life Seal of Distinction, an award for the Most Innovative Agency Initiative, and being named among the Top Places to Work in PR and the Organizations of the Year for gender diversity. Headquartered in New York City, our parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has more than 80 offices in 50 countries as well as an extensive associate network. Because of our footprint and breadth of expertise, we can seamlessly partner with clients locally, regionally and around the world to solve business challenges with impact.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.