PR Account Director- Health + Wellness practice
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR:
REPORT TO: GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR / REGIONAL PRACTICE LEAD
Hill + Knowlton is looking for an Account Director to join our team in Dubai, working across our ever-growing Health + Wellness practice .
The ideal candidate must have great writing skills and should display vibrant energy and a positive attitude.
At H+K you will have the opportunity to work on well-known local and global brands, and benefit from a structured training and development path for your career.
To apply please upload your CV and covering email outlining why this role is of interest, your current salary, salary expectations and notice period.
Account Directors at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) are active leaders in their practice, team and office. You will be a role model for your team and a ‘trusted consultant’ to your clients.
At this level, you have the experience and autonomy to independently lead a portfolio of retainer and project campaigns across practices and publishing channels (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid). Your creativity has ample chance to shine as you look for opportunities to retain and grow clients, and deliver award-winning work.
Our account directors are passionate and proactive about storytelling, developing knowledge, championing H+K standards and converting new business opportunities in your primary sector or service specialty area, whilst supporting the strategic business objectives of the regional leadership team.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Independently counsel with confidence, maturity and professionalism on integrated communication strategies, stakeholder engagement, digital and social media plans and content strategies
- Be a trusted advisor, adding value to client relationships, assisting clients in achieving their business objectives and building incremental business
- Confidently articulate and apply the 3P approach to existing and potential clients; train teams on how to actively apply this narrative
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with client, with an understanding of the role of SEO, website build, app development within an integrated marketing plan
- Demonstrate understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approaches for each
- Deliver strategic senior counsel on content marketing, including how the content is published (channel, timing, optimization, influencer engagement)
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and exceed client’s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
- Be confident in managing and resolving challenges with clients around scope, performance, results and similar issues
- Act as a leader in storytelling and propose innovative multi-channel content strategies for clients that generate new revenue streams
- Develop and discuss an appropriate and transparent reporting, review and insight model that will demonstrate successes and identify failings of activity with clients in a positive and productive environment
- Lead in understanding, addressing and seeking positive resolution to client issues
- Understand the central question model and use it in practice
- Create, lead and deliver presentations with impact
- Lead and facilitate effective brainstorms internally
- Analyse an online digital and influencer audit and deliver recommendations
- Act as the brand guardian and quality control for clients
- Draw from H+K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
- Demonstrate a clear ability to lead teams to successful revenue growth; including staff allocation, motivation, structure, resourcing and coaching
- Support the practice lead and regional management team in terms of agency/sector vision and model the desired behaviour
- Embody the agency vision and culture of collaboration with your teams and lead by example
- Act as a rigorous Line Manager; develop SMART career plans for direct report/s, be diligent in performance management in line with global structure, and mentor/coach team members to develop their potential
- Play a central role in recruiting new talent and retention of existing talent in the team/agency
- Actively encourage and support your direct reports in attending training as well as other relevant training events within or outside the agency
- Identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion using the full Creative Process and other structures for new business developments. Lead new business pitches and make an active contribution
- Assume responsibility for budget monitoring, revenue forecasting, fee negotiation, staff planning and managing over-servicing levels for profitability
- Have a solid overview of all H+K’s offering, strategic services, MENAT and Global network, and WPP Group and be able to identify areas of partnership and growth within the existing client portfolio
- Drive impactful internal and external marketing activity for H+K Strategies
- Develop relationships with regional professional bodies
- Complete timesheets at the end of each week, monitor completion by all direct report/s – mandatory
- Develop and draft high standard award submissions
- Be familiar with H+Ks social media policy and professional practices
- Exemplify the company’s ethics, vision and values in daily work
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
- Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services such as media training, messaging, strategy development, flight school and crisis preparation/handling
- Be seen as a leader within your office; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
- Successfully manage employee issues and difficult employee communications to a productive outcome
- Build a presence in the industry and develop a network of contacts to deliver new business leads and insights
- University degree
- 7++ years’ relevant industry experience (including agency)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset