Public Relations Senior Associate, Consumer
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
We are searching for a talented public relations Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive equivalent) to join our dynamic New York office. This role offers a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional and consumer media relations expert by servicing an influential consumer brand within an expansive, global agency network.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Leading national consumer/lifestyle and regional media relations efforts on behalf a global consumer brand
- Developing media strategy around key client campaigns, products and initiatives; execute on that strategy to deliver earned media coverage
- Developing and executing influencer programs and partnerships; building relationships with key influencers
- Story mining unique pitch angles and compelling narratives that successfully connect the client brand to key consumer and lifestyle media targets
- Providing support, collaboration and creativity to a dedicated, embedded/remote PR team on all brand initiatives
- Creating and editing key written materials including media pitches, press releases, fact sheets, key messages, briefing books and more
- Working closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Leading media relations efforts for product launches, corporate initiatives, events, strategic partnerships and more
- Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel our client objectives
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing an influential global consumer brand within an integrated team
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years’ experience working in strategic communications and public relations; agency experience a must
- Strong media relations/media strategy expertise with the ability to effectively identify, pitch and build relationships with journalists to secure earned media coverage
- A proven rolodex of national consumer and lifestyle media contacts/relationships
- Track record of success developing and executing influencer programs; ability to build and maintain relationships with key influencers and make recommendations on influencers that align with client objectives
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Positive, go-getter attitude with a love of collaboration and delivering results
- Passion, integrity and excitement for the H+K brand
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.