Director, Content+Publishing Strategy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Our business combines 10 vertical sectors focused on deep industry knowledge with a number of specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. One of these areas of specialist expertise is Content + Publishing Strategy.
We would like to appoint a Director of Content + Publishing Strategy to become an accelerant and further catalyst for the development of our creative studio in New York. The studio serves as leading creative, strategic and innovation hub for our clients and network.
Director of Content + Publishing Strategy
As Director of Content + Publishing Strategy you will lead the team who are tasked to deliver best in class content + publishing strategies for our clients.
You will have the ability to take key insights and creative ideas and translate them into meaningful and impactful strategies that deliver awareness and advocacy for clients across earned, owned, paid and shared spaces.
You will plan the ideation, aggregation and delivery of content to discover and grow sustainable audiences through the three pillars of content, channel and creative direction.
The Director of Content + Publishing Strategy will take the lead role in the New York.The person we appoint to this role will drive this ambition and be able to:
- Act as lead client contact during content strategy and development phases of campaigns and develop comprehensive social media strategies that incorporate industry best practices and are integrated and aligned with existing plans, influencer programs, media relations campaigns and more
- Provide strategic, audience-centric social media analysis and counsel for senior clients
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, and maintenance including real time implementation of content strategies
- Contribute to the establishment of a common framework and process to evaluate the value of digital and channel initiatives; expert knowledge of driving successful metrics across key channels (i.e. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other relevant and emerging platforms)
- Define new ways to help measure the ROI of influencer programs, define KPI’s and implement measurement and reporting methods to gauge success for client campaigns
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team; leading by example and encouraging positive, client relationship building behavior and champion stand-out work
- Work well within collaborative, integrated teams, displaying a proven ability in running a team, controlling timelines and budgets, anticipating issues and working towards solution of complex problems
- Have exceptional creative and proposal writing skills
- Act as H+K spokesperson, participate in thought leadership opportunities, public speaking at key trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Display strong technical proficiency in social media platforms and inherent curiosity about merging platforms
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.