Copy Writer - Sports Brand
Copywriter, Sports – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 202 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 202 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
We are trusted advisors to the industry’s highest profile sponsors and sports organisations, H+K’s Sport and Partnership Marketing team has been behind some of the most talked about sponsorship activation and sports communication campaigns for more than a decade.
Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team run busy press offices, devise and implement major brand initiatives - both globally and locally - and activate social media programmes. The work done by the team takes a story-first approach rooted in PR but often breaks free from traditional barriers of what a PR campaign looks like, with our best-in-class campaigns requiring an understanding of what drives conversation across owned, earned, shared and paid channels.
Some of our clients include, adidas, HSBC, SailGP and Gillette (+ more!)
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing the brand’s editorial voice across all written copy to ensure it feels as though it comes from the same hand and be our brand voice guardian, responsible for best-in-class verbal publishing and helping to elevate the quality of written materials in the broader team
- Quality control for all written output we create as H+K for adidas and create engaging assets and content for global and local storytelling
- Ensuring we’re being truly inclusive in how we speak as we serve a global brand with a diverse audience. It is important to be in step with broader cultural conversations which form the backdrop against which our stories will be read
- Turning copy into storytelling, elevating our core editorial materials and making them irresistible to media and overseeing built-for-social content plans, with a keen eye for audience-first writing
- Identifying exciting new publishers, creators and influencers that the team should consider working with, and becoming the key connector between them and the brand
- Where needed, drafting written tools such as press releases, quotes, briefing documents, scripts and supporting the team in pitch/creative responses, to ensure our language matches the impact of our ideas
- Someone with a broad range of experience, proven publishing for Gen Z but with ability to craft brand statements
- Strong written ability and publishing experience – editorial is preferred, as is experience in writing for brands
- Global communications experience is a prerequisite for this role, social impact / purpose communications experience a bonus
- An appetite for sports culture (with a particular focus on youth culture)
- Strong understanding of the UK media landscape (global experience a bonus)
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, with first-hand experience of writing for core channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok)
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com