Account Director - Public affairs
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Brussels is seeking a strong and ambitious self-starter with deep public affairs experience, enthusiastic about working in an integrated, matrix structured team.
The successful candidate will be part of the next stage in H+K’s ongoing transformation into a fully integrated, border-agnostic strategic communications consultancy. We have been through a long process of up-skilling and innovation across our many areas of expertise, forming a highly agile client-obsessed team.
The candidate will bring a minimum of 7 years of experience in the application of strategies to help clients advance policy objectives, mobilise and engage stakeholders. They will be adept at using innovative ways to advance and protect corporate reputation, manage issues and support organisations navigating change.
You will be open to working alongside colleagues on non-traditional campaigns to further your client’s objectives. Our team is well-versed in using all facets of digital communications in the service of policy or political challenges.
Your role will be to partner with leaders and colleagues in Brussels and across H+K’s global network to effectively drive revenue growth. We are always experimenting and are looking for people with an open, flexible, additive attitude who are enthusiastic about challenging and being challenges.
- build, maintain and develop strong client relationships based on trust and knowledge
- lead, train, coach and develop the team
- ensure internal and external representation of the firm
- contribute to identification, recruitment and retention of top talent
- through well-developed sectoral, business and technical PA expertise, actively broaden the client discussion, by challenging and exploring potential areas of need and opportunity
- ensure client needs are anticipated and met to the highest standards
- be responsible for servicing levels and financials on accounts, and ensuring the correct resourcing of the account/team
- demonstrate an astute grasp of business, sector and client issues, and use this knowledge to anticipate and solve client challenges
- actively lead, develop and implement new business initiatives
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Public Affairs ideally within a consulting firm
- Strong commercial skills
- Capable of delivering insightful and actionable strategic public affairs advice
- Excellent English writing skills and at least one other European language
- Ability to adapt swiftly to new tasks and deadlines
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Client-focused – someone who will go the extra mile
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail
- Superior writing skills and proven experience
We are passionate about our work and aren’t afraid to work hard. We support and trust each other. We practice a flat hierarchy and flexibility. We have fun together. That attitude extends to the relationship we build with clients. Our clients have high expectations of us and in turn we challenge each other to think even harder, be more innovative and exceed our own high expectations.
H+K is on a growth path and we are also interested in hearing from people at different levels with other experience. Get in touch.
We foster a workplace in which diversity and individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We place great importance on providing equal opportunities and highly encourage senior leaders to help us attract further applicants from all races, national origins, ages, religions, or sexual orientations to apply.