Account Director, Communications + Public Engagement
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS + PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with clients at all levels
- Leverage data and analytics to inform strategy and content development
- Design citizen and stakeholder engagement initiatives that employ both online and in-person tools and methods
- Convene and facilitate senior level client and stakeholder meetings
- Direct teams on engagement files, including strategy, planning, design and execution
- Develop creative yet practical solutions to client challenges through a deep understanding of our service and sector expertise
- Ensure programs are implemented in a timely, cost-effective and relevant way
- Ensure the successful development and growth of assigned team members and contribute to career planning
- Participate in new business development strategies to cultivate new client opportunities
- Stay current on industry trends, and their impact on clients, potential clients and the firm.
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in progressively senior roles with a minimum of 5 years focused on citizen and stakeholder engagement
- Facilitation experience, with a preference for candidates that have experience facilitating large groups and trained in dialogue and deliberation
- Superior writing/editing skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex content and write for a public audience
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Must have a strong grasp of policy matters and public policy making process
- Demonstrated experience in public engagement, stakeholder relations and/or community relations including in-person and digital engagement
- Bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is a considerable asset
- Strong project and budget management skills, ability to meet deadlines, delegate and prioritize deliverables
- Deep understanding and knowledge of social media platforms and strategies
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K), a global public relations and integrated communications consultancy, offers senior counsel, insightful research and strategic communications throughout the world. We’ve been in the business of harnessing the power of the public for over 90 years, and our world-class teams of trusted advisors, digital masters and creative experts help our clients navigate today’s uncertain world to strengthen their brands, reputations, and bottom lines.
H+K works with over 50 percent of the Fortune Global 500 companies and some of the world’s most transformative social enterprises and technology companies in both established and emerging markets.
Our relationship with WPP — one of the world’s largest communications groups — gives us an unmatched worldwide presence and a deep bench, including our own strategic partnerships and acquisitions. We create ideas to believe in.