Account Director, Communications + Public Engagement
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS + PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with clients at all levels
- Leverage data and analytics to inform strategy and content development
- Design citizen and stakeholder engagement initiatives that employ both online and in-person tools and methods
- Convene and facilitate senior level client and stakeholder meetings
- Direct teams on engagement files, including strategy, planning, design and execution
- Develop creative yet practical solutions to client challenges through a deep understanding of our service and sector expertise
- Ensure programs are implemented in a timely, cost-effective and relevant way
- Ensure the successful development and growth of assigned team members and contribute to career planning
- Participate in new business development strategies to cultivate new client opportunities
- Stay current on industry trends, and their impact on clients, potential clients and the firm.
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in progressively senior roles with a minimum of 5 years focused on citizen and stakeholder engagement
- Facilitation experience, with a preference for candidates that have experience facilitating large groups and trained in dialogue and deliberation
- Superior writing/editing skills with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex content and write for a public audience
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Must have a strong grasp of policy matters and public policy making process
- Demonstrated experience in public engagement, stakeholder relations and/or community relations including in-person and digital engagement
- Bilingualism (oral and written French and English) is a considerable asset
- Strong project and budget management skills, ability to meet deadlines, delegate and prioritize deliverables
- Deep understanding and knowledge of social media platforms and strategies
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.