DIGITAL + SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR (FOOTBALL)
Do you love football and want to work alongside the biggest league in the region? Do you have a deep passion for developing creative content that engages, inspires and motivates audiences?
H+K Strategies Middle East - Sport + Entertainment
H+K Strategies sits at the very heart of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking transformations in the history of sport and entertainment. As a result, we are developing a newsroom hub to bring together world-class talents from creative and communication agencies, journalism, content and publishing, graphics + design, videography + production, data + insights and media buying.
Currently our work sees us manage an unrivalled portfolio of global brands, prestigious international events and high-profile federations with global ambitions. Everything from the promoting the region’s strongest football league to the world, selling-out world championship events, promoting Olympic athletes, introducing futuristic motorsport series, all the way through to managing headline music festivals.
You will be tasked to deliver best in class digital and social media strategies for our football client in the Middle East.
You will have the ability to take key fan insights and turn them into creative and impactful ideas across the world of digital.
We want to grow and share the passion of the league, in the region and across the world.
You will plan and help implementing a digital and social strategy that increases frequency, engagement and sentiment.
The role will see the candidate being at the heart of the client’s in-house digital and social team; acting as a trusted consultant and support to help transform their social + media activity.
Our directors are passionate and proactive about storytelling, developing knowledge, championing H+K standards whilst supporting the strategic business objectives of the regional leadership team.
The following job description details the responsibilities, skills and competencies required for this level.
- Act as senior lead client contact who can take wider business and marketing strategy and development them into digital and social media content and publishing strategies
- Provide strategic, audience-centric social media analysis and counsel for senior clients
Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, and maintenance including real time implementation of content strategies
- Define new ways to help measure digital ROI, define KPI’s and implement measurement and reporting methods to gauge success for client campaigns
- Foster a good working relationship between designers and social media managers to deliver best in class content and creative which is aligned
- Champion the importance of client satisfaction and service within the team, leading by example and encouraging positive client relationship building behaviour and champion stand-out work
- Work well within collaborative, integrated teams, displaying a proven ability in running a team, controlling timelines and budgets, anticipating issues and working towards solution of complex problems
- Have exceptional creative and proposal writing skills
- Act as H+K spokesperson, improving client relationship, service and scope
- Display strong technical proficiency in social media platforms and inherent curiosity about merging platforms
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Exemplify the company’s ethics, vision and values in daily work
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
- Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services such as media training, messaging, strategy development, flight school and crisis preparation/handling
- Be seen as a leader within your office; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
- University degree
- 7++ years’ relevant industry experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
The position of Director, Content + Publishing will be based in the Middle East, depending whether the client opportunity exists on the ground. Benefits include;
- Saudi Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 23 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- one-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings