Business Development Intern, Business Development
Business Development Intern, Business Development – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
Business Development sits at the heart of H+K’s business. We are the central team responsible for new business, marketing, and communications activities in the UK. We are also a core part of the global team and have regular touchpoints with our parent company, leading marketing services group, WPP.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a smart, creative, and collaborative person to join our small but perfectly formed team as UK Business Development Intern.
The role will offer you the opportunity to work with the UK CEO, UK Head of Business Development and Marketing, and the Business Development team to support the agency’s growth. You will have the chance to develop your experience across a very wide range of disciplines, with a key focus on new business, pitch support, research and project management, whilst also taking advantage of the breadth of learning opportunities working across the H+K business with our experts in areas such as consumer brands, internal comms, crisis + issues management, behavioural science, and digital and content production.
This is an ideal role for someone relatively new to the world of PR, marketing and communications and look for a broad range of experience across disciplines and industry sectors.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will have some experience of working in a professional environment, ideally in a communications or marketing agency (preferred, but not essential).
- You will have proven organisational and project management skills.
- You pride yourself on your excellent writing ability and attention to detail.
- You will have an active interest in business and the marketing communications arenas.
- You will be responsible for keeping our sector and agency credentials updated, including sourcing new and updated case studies to reflect our latest and greatest work from across the agency teams (maybe you will be the one to identify our next Cannes award-winning campaign!).
- You will conduct research on new business prospects and target audiences using a variety of tools and approaches and be able to provide a concise and insightful summary to the pitch team.
- You will be responsible for managing our online resource library and regularly updating content.
- You will be proficient in data management and analytics and help support on new business tracking and reporting.
- You will join creative ideation sessions and help come up with impactful ideas as well as fun ways to add some pitch theatre.
- You will play an integral role in team organisation supporting with general admin such as timelines, planning meetings, room organisation, managing freelance design support, and much more.
- A love of winning and hunger to see the agency progress as a direct and indirect result of your actions.
- Passionate and enthusiastic, confident, and curious.
- Enthusiastic, solutions-orientated, and proactive attitude.
- Self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong at multi-tasking and prioritising tasks.
- The desire and willingness to turn your hand to a broad range of tasks.
- Personable and good interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels and with different personalities.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com