Senior Associate, Content+Publishing Strategy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
We are looking for a talented Senior Associate, Content + Publishing Strategy to join our dynamic team in Costa Mesa. At H+K, our Content and Publishing Strategy teams are the ones who work out who we create content with, what format it takes, and where it lives. This is based on audience behavior and a deep cultural understanding of why & how people consume content today.
This position represents a unique opportunity to serve as a content-first storyteller, exercising your digital prowess while still maintaining public relations as a core discipline of your craft.
Senior Associate, Content + Publishing Strategy
As Senior Associate, Content + Publishing Strategy, you will play an integral role in helping our team deliver best in class content + publishing strategies for a global consumer brand as part of an elite embedded team.
You will have the ability to interpret key insights, creative ideas, product launches and trends and translate them into meaningful and impactful stories that share our client’s narrative across earned, owned, paid and shared spaces.
You will work closely with the newsroom Managing Editor to develop and execute the ideation, production and delivery of content in order to discover and grow sustainable audiences through digital and traditional earned media channels. You will create+innovate on behalf of a top 10 global client within an extensive network of energized experts.
H+K +YOU, together.
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing an influential global consumer brand within an integrated team
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best.
Here’s what you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital media, content creation, editorial and/or public relations; PR agency experience strongly preferred
- Skilled storyteller with the ability to craft compelling narratives across web, social, earned and paid channels
- Superb project management skills with a track record of success seeing projects through to completion on time and on budget; ability to work effectively with both internal teams and external vendors; direct client-management experience strongly preferred
- Strong content-marketing experience with the ability to develop and produce assets that attract and engage an audience
- Experience developing and managing editorial calendars across a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to distill data and insights into effective strategies and ideas
- Social media savvy with working knowledge of how key platforms work; knowledge of evolving trends and emerging platforms in digital media
- Understanding of traditional PR principals with the ability to effectively partner with earned media specialists to identify stories that break through the noise and attract journalist attention to secure coverage
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Expert proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation design skills with the ability to translate ideas and concepts in a visually compelling way in PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of CMS, (such as WordPress) or other content management systems
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Positive, go-getter attitude with a love of collaboration and delivering results
- Passion, integrity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.