Account Executive_Government, Public Affairs & Strategic Communications
H+K Strategies China (Beijing)
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is a global public relations and integrated communications agency.. We offer senior counsel, insightful research and strategic communications throughout the world. With over 80 offices in 40 countries around the globe, our teams collaborate across time zones, languages, and cultures to help clients make solid decisions and craft compelling campaigns in today’s measurable world. For more information about our company please visit our website: www.hkstrategies.com
- BA/BS or higher degree in International Relations, Public Affairs, Public Policy, Law, Economics, Journalism
- 2-3 years related experience in a PR agency/in-house and or Risk management
- Professional experience in strategic communications, government relations, regulatory affairs and/or public affairs in China
- Solid understanding of Chinese government structure, functions and legislative processes at central, regional and local levels
- Track record in supporting the design of government advocacy programs and implementation of said programs
- Understanding of issues affecting multinational businesses in China and Chinese Businesses in the global arena
- Strong computer knowledge - microsoft, power point, excel
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills, in Mandarin and English
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong ability to partner, develop and maintain positive, professional working relationships both internally and externally
- Positive outgoing attitude, and ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Actively contribute to the creation and implementation of long term strategic communications/ government relations strategy for our client portfolio.
- Assist in key Industry /client relevant research.
- Based on industry and operational issues, identify and profile key government and quasi-government stakeholders at all levels of Chinese government
- Evaluate and analyze government stakeholder perceptions of relevance to our client portfolio and support the development of key messages to communicate and influence.
- Identify key channels for engagement and advocacy, including but not limited to direct engagement, third party engagement (key opinion leaders, industry associations, etc), media and public-private partnership initiatives
- Research and prepare new business proposals for new and existing clients and participates in presentations..
- Responsible for the daily supervision of AEs, ACs and Interns., working with other team members to ensure that monthly goals are achieved and addressing any problems with supervisor and subordinate.
Working at H+K Strategies
Working at H+K is being part of a global family of thinkers, doers and game-changers. It’s more than producing quality work for some of the world’s top brands and companies (though a lot of the time that’s exactly what we’re doing), it’s building an invaluable network and making a difference. It’s working hard while living life to the fullest.
Every day, our people show up ready to get to work, and we’d like to think it’s for more than just the free snacks. There’s no typical day – our teams do everything from content strategy to crisis management. We’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work for women and working parents – offering benefits and flexibility that push the industry forward in terms of employee wellness.
Working at H+K is a chance to work with some of the smartest, most creative minds in the business. And whether you’re Skyping with a mentor in Singapore, standing shoulder to shoulder with colleagues from around the world at a big-budget launch event, or winning the annual chili cook-off, good people and exciting opportunities are plentiful.
Communications has no borders, so why should we? All of our staff are welcome and encouraged to visit other H+K offices, and if interested, we have dedicated transfer programs to help match interested staff with needs across our global network.
At H+K, you will help build teams that work collaboratively, across geographic boundaries, to push the limits of what public relations, marketing and communications can do and accomplish.