Consumer Packaged Goods - Account Director
CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS
H+K is the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
Our Consumer Packaged Goods team is 35+ strong collection of consumer experts, each with the passion and expertise to discover, immerse and turn what we learn and think into an informed advantage for our clients who span a mix of retail, beauty + grooming and food + drink.
We are recruiting an Account Director with strong brand communications experience to work effectively across our client portfolio, with a primary focus on our spirits portfolio.
Work will include global focused clients, shaping communications strategy, toolkitting and managing campaign executions in the UK, overseas and across digital platforms. You’ll work with your Account Lead on the planning and delivery of initiatives and inspiring best practice with junior members of the team, as well as taking day to day management responsibilities and client counsel.
The role would suit someone with an enthusiasm for big brand consumer campaigns, knowledge of and passion for the drinks industry and experience in delivering multi-market activity. They should show strong creative and strategic thinking, have strong client handling skills, an amazing eye for detail and a finger on the pulse of societal and category trends.
International travel may be required.
INDICATIVE CLIENT PORTFOLIO
- Global spirits brand – this client is a market leader in global prestige spirits category, with a portfolio of products that connect with new luxury consumers around the world
- Globally iconic alcohol brand(s) – working as part of a global integrated team, across a portfolio of brands under one client, having a strong voice for PR around the loop-agency table
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Shape big brand communications planning and strategy
- Creative and strategic thinking, leading ideation and planning
- Event management experience
- Deliver counsel and informed recommendations to clients
- Strong drinks trade and lifestyle media knowledge and press office abilities
- Influencer marketing knowledge and experience
- High-standard writing skills; research, proposals, messaging, briefs etc
- Efficiency inproject management, across multiple workstreams
- Great team management, mentoring junior team members and managing campaign elements with specialist support when needed
- Presentation skills – both verbal and written
- First class account administration and eye for detail
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry
- The chance to make an impact on recognised consumer brands
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and be their authentic self. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.