Consumer Packaged Goods- Account Director
The Consumer Goods sector is a team of around 15 talented publishing and creative strategists, influencer and media managers, content creators and client service specialists. This fast paced and ambitious team delivers award winning work for both some of the world’s largest consumer brands and some of the most exciting market disrupters; devising and implementing major brand initiatives, both globally and locally, running busy press offices, creating toolkits and developing content and publishing strategies for clients.
We have a new opportunity for a strong Account Director, to work predominantly on two clients. The first part of the role is to support the company storytelling for a leading FMCG company at both an EU and UK level, and the second is to lead the diversity and inclusion strategy for a UK innovation agency. The ideal candidate will have a solid experience at telling CSR and company related stories to both a business and consumer audience, encompassing experience in sustainability, gender and diversity, and innovation.
The candidate would also have experience of developing media strategies, coordinating and managing interviews with clients and media, preparing briefings, creating and managing stakeholder schedules, competently drafting Q&A’s and press releases and proactively pitching to media to drive earned media in relevant titles. Experience in managing global and local events, as well as overseeing the creation of social content are also required.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Confident counsellor of clients
- Background and knowledge of CSR and the UK innovation sector
- Demonstrable record in activating powerful corporate CSR storytelling campaigns delivering interview opportunities and earned coverage
- Strong understanding of the UK media landscape – EU media landscape would be a bonus
- Creative and curious – always looking from new ideas, bringing the outside in and offering great creative ideas to bring stories to life
- Proficient at developing then activating smart media and content strategies
- Confident media pitcher, tapping into existing contacts and quickly building new ones to help unlock new opportunities
- Proficient in preparing and managing budgets
- Strong written and organisational skills with solid attention to detail
- Big-picture thinker with attention to detail, particularly under pressure