Assistant Account Executive, Public Relations
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking an Assistant Account Executive to support our team in our dynamic Mexico City office for a client in the consumer technology industry. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated person looking to start building a career in Public Relations. The assistant is accountable for developing effective working relationships with media contacts, online influencers, suppliers, team members and clients. In this role, the assistant will be responsible for media monitoring, social media monitoring and engagement, media relations, coordinating media interviews and events, creating media and client-ready content and providing communications support to the team on various projects.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Media monitoring and social media engagement
- Compiles media lists and social media targets
- Contributing with ideas to develop client campaigns and programs
- Assists with logistical arrangements for events
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key media outlets and influencers
- Works on client programs under direction of direct manager, consultants, and other senior practitioners, as assigned
- Prepares agendas, activity reports, critical paths and contact reports as directed
- Prepares interview briefing notes for clients as directed
- Liaises with suppliers to secure quotes and to ensure product or service meets client needs
- Coordinates the distribution of various media materials including pitches, invitations and news releases
- Writes first drafts of materials such as pitches, news releases, stories and invitations
What else is in it for you?
- A career working with influencing brands within an integrated team
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What You’ll Need To Get Here
- 1 year of experience as intern is desirable in a similar field or PR industry
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- 100% fluent in English and Spanish. Needs to be able to draft documents in English and maintain conversations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a similar program, or relevant work experience
- Some familiarity with media
- Understanding and experience with social media, digital strategies and tools
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.