JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT MANAGER FOR THE FINANCE + PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PRACTICE
REPORT TO: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Hill + Knowlton is looking for an Account Manager to join our team in Qatar, working across our ever-growing Finance + Professional Services practice .
The ideal candidate must have great writing skills and should display vibrant energy and a positive attitude.
At H+K you will have the opportunity to work on well-known local and global brands, and benefit from a structured training and development path for your career.
To apply please upload your CV and covering email outlining why this role is of interest, your current salary, salary expectations and notice period.
The Account Manager at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) has a pivotal role in the account team and requires an overall increase in the level of accountability. This role is a transition from execution to responsibility for the ‘bigger picture’, including management and oversight of multiple projects/accounts in a portfolio.
You will be the client’s first port of call for daily updates, advice and knowledge, through which you should aim to transition in perception from an implementer to ‘trusted consultant’ status.
At this level, you need to demonstrate emerging management skills, be confident in leading the day-to-day activity on multiple accounts and focus on building excellent client and team relationships.
You will be entrusted with planning, management and delivery of projects across social and traditional media platforms – with support from the senior account lead. This includes responsibility for team allocation to tasks, delivery to deadlines, maintaining a close eye on quality control and keeping the client fully up-to-date on activity.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Manage multiple accounts independently and effectively own mid-level relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Independently prepare for, drive and manage follow up to regular client meetings
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and interest in client business/es and sector/s, including influencer, audience and stakeholder insight
- Keep abreast of current affairs, industry issues and trends, relating them to client situations
- Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking through development of integrated creative campaigns
- Be passionate for storytelling, and proactively shape and pitch compelling creative – but strategically relevant – content ideas for clients
- Take an active role in the account planning process from concept to developing a written project proposal and pitching to client; seek opportunities to cross-sell ideas or partnership opportunities across clients
- Demonstrate the ability to take a creative idea across all channels; earned, owned, shared and paid
- Lead key media, influencer and stakeholder relationships on behalf of your client/s and offer counsel on such relations to clients and colleagues
- Be confident in building the digital element into strategy, planning and execution; including mentoring teams and advising clients on community management and influencer engagement
- Demonstrate ability to brief and support H+K teams in delivery of creative content across media including design, photography and video
- Continue development of language skills for Arabic consultants; including expertise in originating core content for different platforms, localising materials to the Arabic language and audience, and working with the translation team to improve client-ready content
- Showcase strong and compelling presentation skills
- Maintain a high standard of writing, both personally and among junior team, by displaying/facilitating sharp editing skills and coaching individuals
- Manage quality control and ensures client approvals are obtained on all appropriate activities
- Effectively build relationships and serve as client liaison across H+K network teams to deliver consistently high-quality work across geographies
- Maintain and grow media and influencer relationships, actively introduce colleagues and clients to influential contacts
- Provide day-to-day supervision of SAEs, AEs, Team Assistants and interns
- Manage and motivate the team, coach/train junior members of staff, contribute to the internal training programme and ensure individuals have the right skills for the team to work together effectively
- Provide fair and real-time feedback, and encourage improved performance in others
- Delegate effectively and know when to escalate issues to senior team members
- Act as a H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Be accountable to the team and clients by managing time effectively, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail
- Display knowledge and understanding of client contract and be responsible for management of monthly deliverables and activity reports
- Demonstrate financial accountability, beginning to take responsibility for managing client budgets, resourcing, invoicing and debt
- Be aware of H+K’s offer, additional services, MENAT and global network; and be able to clearly articulate H+K’s positioning narrative
- Contribute to the external marketing activity of H+K Strategies
- Identify incremental business opportunities on existing accounts
- Play an active role in new business; assist in preparation of new business proposals, take an initial brief for small/mid-sized new business opportunities and participate in presentations
- Build a strong professional network, expanding media, influencer and industry contacts
- Demonstrate emerging leadership skills
- Be familiar with H+Ks social media policy and professional practices
- Complete Maconomy time sheets on a weekly basis - mandatory
- Establish sector or discipline focus and develop professional reputation in this area
- Elevate level of client relationships; independently lead strategy, planning and management of client activity and teams
- Increase understanding of business finances and take greater responsibility for profitability on accounts
- Grow involvement and role in business development activity
- Develop a coaching/mentoring approach to junior colleagues
- Identify and discuss long term career goals with Line Manager
- Develop presence/gravitas and demonstrate professional behaviour at all times
- University degree
- 5++ years agency and relevant industry (Finance + Professional Services practice) experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset