Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a highly motivated, media-obsessed, data-driven Account Executive to join its growing U.S. Technology Practice. The successful candidate will be someone with a knack for storytelling and pitch development; someone equally adept at fostering relationships with clients and media as tracking trends and staying one step ahead of news cycles. We’re looking for candidates who feel a sense of responsibility for delivering high-quality work and bring enthusiasm and curiosity to the job. If you enjoy the craft of media relations, the art of storytelling, and the puzzle of data analysis, this may be the role for you!
This is a unique opportunity to grow as a communications practitioner and analyst, exercising strategic thinking, creativity, and passion on behalf of a global tech brands.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serving as a client-facing team member, helping to execute all phases of communications programs (including research, planning, media relations)
- Utilizing strategic thinking to translate data results into impactful communications strategy that yields quantitative results
- Contributing to client goals and objectives by preparing written reports, presentations, message development, pitch angles, data analysis and measurement
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What you’ll need to get here:
- 2-4 years of experience working in strategic communications with a specialized focus on research and data analytics
- Experience working with clients
- Superb writing, editing and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Advanced skill in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint; ability to produce reports in PowerPoint that visualize data and communicate data results
- Analytic report writing skills, including analyzing measurement data to produce actionable insights and recommendations
- Track record of success developing and executing online surveys, discussion guides and focus groups to gather effective data that reveals trends about a target audience
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Adaptable self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate within a complex, multi-agency environment including remote team members
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including client presentations and events
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
- Interest in the technology business and curiosity about finding and telling interesting client stories
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.
What the role can offer you:
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with bold, creative teams and well-known client brands
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills to become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.