Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a rock-star Account Supervisor to join our team in our dynamic Mexico City office and supervise public relations/communications programs for clients providing a broad spectrum of communications services.
Our Account Supervisor serves clients as their day-to-day relationship manager and is responsible for overseeing the execution of clients’ plans. The role ensures that client satisfaction is maintained at the highest level by applying strategic thinking and planning, deploying resources and monitoring client projects on a day-to-day basis.
This is an opportunity to take your career to the next level as this role is an important step into team and client management. It recognizes strength in core communications skills, and begins to develop a focus on management of team and client activity.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton +YOU, together.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Acting as a key liaison with client
- Supervising and managing client relationships
- Providing new ideas/approaches to client challenges and programs
- Interpreting client needs/challenges
- Maintaining quality control of all client deliverables: editing and approving all written materials, developing/drafting presentations and documents, etc.
- Delegating program deliverables and responsibilities to direct reports
What else is in it for you?
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- A career working with influencing brands within an integrated team
What You’ll Need To Get Here
- 4-5 experience in the public relations field (2-3 years as Senior Consultant)
- Experience in planning and delivering broad-based public relations programs to achieve client program objectives, including but not limited to press material development, case studies, media tours, seminars, and product launches
- A broad-based knowledge of the media landscape in Mexico
- A sufficient knowledge to be able to understand the business context of the client
- Ability to manage large budgets, complex accounts, client programs, and multiple client activities simultaneously
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a must
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, a cover letter in English, and salary expectations.