Account Executive Energy + Industrials
Account Executive - Energy + Industrials
As U.S. businesses adapt to the new realities of a global economy where material and labor shortages and supply chain disruptions are the norms, H+K Strategies is at the forefront in helping clients navigate the complexities of communicating with impact in today’s fast-moving business environment. In the Industrial space, we work with clients that are innovating mining, construction, and chemical industries and others that drive and preserve sustainability through water preservation and industrial automation. Our clients are leading the circular economy in lowering carbon emissions, shrinking the waste footprint, and driving the adoption of alternative energy sources.
We are looking for an Account Executive to work across a variety of clients and workstreams. Qualified candidates will have experience supporting corporate communications efforts across oil & gas, renewable energy, or industrial manufacturing with the ability to anticipate client and team needs, develop strategy, create messaging, and build and leverage strong media contacts. The position could work from H+K’s Texas, California, New York, or Washington, DC offices.
- Serve as a key team member on several accounts, managing multiple projects
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, bylined articles)
- Develop targeted media lists, pitch, and learn/follow clients' priority media: top-tier, trade, social influencers
- Develop social media strategies and content
- Track and analyze media hits and campaign results against KPIs
- Develop deep knowledge of client industry and contribute to the development of strategic client plans
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related major
- At least 1-3 years of PR experience, agency preferred, with interest in Energy and Industrial sectors
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content
- Strong writing, media, and research skills, social media experience
- Results-focused approach and willingness to go the extra mile for clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented, with excellent time-management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
If you meet the above qualifications and availability, please apply below. Be sure to include your resume with a cover letter AND AVAILABILITY DATE. If you are not local, please include your relocation plans/timeline in your cover letter.