Senior Account Executive, Competitive Intelligence
Competitive Intelligence (CI) Team Lead
One of our client-facing teams in Dallas has an opening for a rock star to lead the Competitive Intelligence team for a leading technology, media and telecom client. This unique opportunity is focused on performing competitive real-time monitoring, research, analysis, and the compilation of detailed information on industry events and activities for both traditional and social media. This position encompasses the roles and responsibilities of a traditional Senior Account Executive.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the day-to-day operations, development and execution for the Competitive Intelligence team, with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects at one time
- Communicate directly with the client on recurring deliverables and ad-hoc projects
- Work on-site with the client, executing initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Conduct and deliver detailed and timely fact-based insights focused on client’s priorities
- Assess and analyze competitors’ business segments to understand financial performance and industry dynamics
- Proactively alert and inform key stakeholders for awareness around major competitive announcements, breaking news, earnings and analyst conferences
- Synthesize competitive information and data to form recommendations and actionable insights
- Monitor traditional media coverage and social media conversation to stay well-informed across industries
- Stay up to date on current industry trends, developments and shifts
- Collaborate with the team to identify research opportunities
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need for consideration:
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-4 years of experience in streaming media, telecommunications, or finance
- Experience analyzing information, media monitoring, and writing detailed summary reports
- Inquisitive and curious – able to identify and pursue potential leads for more open-ended strategic projects.
- Experience with Cision, Vocus, Sprinklr, Brandwatch or related
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Articulate, poised, quick on your feet; ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is client facing
- Comfortable leading a team and being self-sufficient
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable presenting research findings to individuals from various business units
- Detail oriented, problem solver, energetic
- Strong understanding of social media trends and analytics
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.