Senior Account Director
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is looking for a Senior Account Director to join its dynamic team in Toronto. This is an exciting opportunity to lead some of the most well-respected brands in Canada across CPG, Retail + Leisure and Food + Drink sectors, while also working alongside a passionate and engaged team.
We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for the H+K brand and our clients.
Our people bring their individualism, curiosity and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Build on your expertise and passion for the consumer products industry
- Demonstrate a curious mindset that seeks to push the boundaries of creative thinking
- Serve in a leadership role on the Toronto Lifestyles Sector team, continuing to help build and foster a positive and dynamic team culture
- Serve as a senior contact for clients, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of clients’ business and develop strategy for implementing successful client programs
- Spearhead strong integration, acting as a leader to integrate specialty functions and expertise across the agency, and nationally across account teams as well
- Provide strategic guidance to clients, anticipating needs and issues, troubleshooting problems as a fearless listener and counselor, and introducing clients to H+K’s breadth of service and speciality offerings
- Manage and facilitate planning processes both proactively with clients, and as part of larger integrated agency teams
- Actively and consistently identify organic growth opportunities for clients
- Demonstrate and encourage creativity and innovation, both from a client service and team culture standpoint
- Actively engage as a mentor and teacher for junior and intermediate team members, with a keen interest in helping to build and grow their skills
- Manage 2-3 direct reports including helping to foster and guide their professional development
- Demonstrate a passion for all things CPG, Retail + Leisure and Food + Drink by being on the pulse of what’s happening in these sectors and understanding the implications for our clients
- Have a positive and team-oriented spirit and genuine interest in continuing to build a passionate, motivated and engaged team
- Manage account financials and contribute to driving growth and account profitability
- Effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others using your strong communication and presentation skills.
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
What you’ll need to get here:
- A minimum of eight years of agency experience with a focus on consumer (packaged goods and food and beverage an asset)
- An excellent track record providing strategic counsel
- An ability to work independently and a proactive approach to driving work forward
- An affinity for mentoring staff and managing complex projects
- A proven entrepreneurial focus on business development with an ability to identify and develop business opportunities.
- You should also have an exceptionally curious mind and deep understanding of consumer trends, media landscape, key influencers, and digital trends.
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.