Director, Content Strategy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, brand, and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products, and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency, and the highest behavioral standards.
H+K is innovating the future of public relations and needs a talented content strategist to help us grow. Working inside the Innovation + Creativity team, the Director, Content Strategy will play a key role in the Content and Publishing team, helping the VP of Content and Publishing build and deliver bold and ground-breaking content strategies for new and existing clients.
To do this, you will be passionate and driven to break new ground. You will also have a foundation in audience insights, content strategy, analytics, and the skills to manage multiple campaigns across platforms.
You will support (and frequently lead) the ideation, aggregation, and delivery of content to discover and grow sustainable audiences. You must be able to explain platform nuances with clarity to your peers and managers, and support client leads with putting together content strategies to best support client needs. You will also be a thought leader internally: someone colleagues will turn to for specialized knowledge and best practices.
Overall: we want you to be curious about pushing boundaries of what traditional PR is and how we deliver. We want you to champion innovation, curiosity and creative. And we want you to be a partner as we innovate the future of PR.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Lead planning along side VP, Content + Publishing (C+P) with clients alongside our Innovation + Creativity team, with particular focus on audience insights, channel planning and content strategy
- Manage day-to-day of content delivery. Working hand-in-hand with VP, C+P to raise the bar on service delivery and to build out administration and functioning of broader C+P team
- Provide counsel to clients and support on insight driven content strategies for current and new clients, championing creative work that will work across all channels and best practices in content strategy, (video, social, website), community management, social engagement, and SEO
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of paid media, in the context of social, search and native. Work directly with our paid media team. Familiarity with the latest developments in formats and products to make relevant recommendations to clients. Support the client team by proactively flagging new and emerging technologies
- Collaborate and consult closely with creative studio on content production, ensuring timelines are being followed and the approval and feedback process for clients run smoothly
- Proactively and reactively develop creative direction for clients in partnership with our creative studio and third parties
- Manager team members providing strategic counsel and mentoring.
- Be a confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors
- Be a core member of new business pitches and strategy development, working alongside VP C+P and other Innovation and Creativity members
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
What you’ll need to get here:
- 7-10 years’ experience in content creation, advertising, or planning across earned, owned, paid and shared spaces; experience within a digital or social agency strongly preferred
- Passion for what’s new and willing to take risks and be bold in recommendations
- Demonstrated experience managing programs and teams
- Deep knowledge and professional proficiency across all major social media platforms with a knowledge and passion for following trends and emerging platforms
- Superb writing and editing skills; highly detail oriented
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and client deliverables
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task across a diverse base of clients and projects
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Entrepreneurial, business-minded outlook with a positive, can-do attitude
- Passion, integrity, and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.