Public Relations Vice President, Health & Wellness
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is currently seeking a talented public relations leader to serve as Vice President, Health and Wellness, to play an integral role in leading one of the best healthcare practices in the field.
If you are interested in being in a role where you can utilize your successful track record leading major health, wellness and pharmaceutical accounts while bringing your strategic mindset to existing and new health clients, then you just might be right for our team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing clients and cross functional agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our healthcare clients. The Vice President, Health and Wellness will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team, developing innovative and strategic plans, recommending programs and activities, coordinating with client's regarding goals and objectives, project delegation, providing counsel to team members and allocating agency resources that match client budgets. Additionally, this role will be engaged with business development, strategic program planning and ideation of creative concepts. The ideal candidate will have deep healthcare subject matter expertise and a proven track record of developing and managing strategic campaigns that drive client business.
- Client lead for relationship building, exchange, counsel and thought leadership
- Development and oversight of strategic plans
- Facilitating integration efforts with other agency partners (marketing, digital, etc.)
- Working with cross functional team expertise with internal specialists including; media, digital and creative
- Working with senior leaders on strategy
- New business generation (organic and new) and running a new business pitch process
- Project management, budgeting, billing and forecasting
- Experience in communicating with healthcare professionals and knowledgeable about healthcare media channels
- Experience developing relationships with third party organizations (PAGs), healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers, and in attending external meetings and events representing the agency and/or client (medical conferences, third party, events, etc.)
- Knowledge of Canada’s regulatory environment and experience as it relates to health-related products (PAAB, ASC, Health Canada)
- Possess a thorough understanding of the social media and digital world, including a strong understanding of the current Canadian regulatory environment for pharmaceutical companies
- 12+ years of public relations/agency experience with a focus on corporate/health brands and the pharma industry
- Specialized experience in pharmaceutical communications
- Strong experience managing a team from the financial, client delivery and staffing perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage large budgets, forecasts, complex accounts/ client programs, or multiple client activities simultaneously
- Proven ability to turn ideas into thought-out strategic plans
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial acuity and facility in managing budgets and forecasts
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters and tight timelines
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- A successful track record of maintaining strong and trusted client relationships
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to communicate and sell ideas to prospects and clients
- An understanding of social media, digital strategies and tools
- Benefits package including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- Employee referral bonus
- A career working with creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative office culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.