Shanghai Addition- Intern
H+K is a public relations and integrated communications agency with 90 offices around the globe. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Through strategic counsel, creative thinking and effective activation, our deep sector expertise enables us to truly understand our clients’ perspective and transform their challenges into effective, award-winning solutions. Our purpose is to inspire more open, creative and curious conversations to help build a better agency and world.
Through our work with leading Chinese brands around the world, we have developed a simple strategy to help Chinese brands ‘go global’ and accelerate their global ambitions. It is a systematic approach to enable brands to clearly communicate with their ‘multiple publics’, paving the way for
success in global markets. It provides the foundations for growth, creates a better understanding and delivers local relevance. We have brought together a group of specialist consultants from across our network to work with Chinese brands to deliver against this strategy. Collectively they are known as ‘The Shanghai Addition’.
We are currently looking for one intern to join The Shanghai Addition team. The successful candidates will have an interest in international communications, international affairs and the globalization of Chinese businesses.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- A passion for, and preferably experience in, international communications, international affairs and the globalization of Chinese businesses; Sector knowledge of tech, energy, or consumer electronics will be a plus
- An appetite for current affairs and business issues
- Native Chinese speaker. Both spoken and written Chinese skills are essential for the role
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English
- An understanding of the different aspects of communications, from media relations, public affairs to digital communications and social media
- The ability to learn quickly and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Self-driven, self-sufficient
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop knowledge and storytelling skills for the globalization of Chinese businesses
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working on high-profile international brands
- Exposure to globally-recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients