Account Director - Financial & Professional Services - (FREELANCE)
Hill & Knowlton Strategies
Account Director, Financial & Professional Services - FREELANCE
H+K is a communications agency with a unique structure; a matrix of sector experts and discipline specialists that makes it well adapted to the evolving needs of today’s most exciting brands.
At the heart of every account is a dedicated sector-focused team, promising deep industry knowledge, proactive account management, and attentive client handling. That team will then work side-by-side with a wide range of specialists, in everything from ESG and BSci to public affairs and crisis, each bringing market-leading expertise in their discipline to meet the client need. In this way, our work spans corporate comms, public affairs, social, content marketing, consumer PR and internal comms, reaching offices in over 45 countries around the world.
We have a new opportunity for an Freelance Account Director in the fast-growing Financial + Professional Services team in London. This dynamic and ambitious group of 22+ consultants lead some of our most well-known and biggest accounts.
The opportunity spans corporate comms and consumer PR, so rather than looking for a specific skill set, we’re looking for the right person that we can carve the perfect role for. The right candidate will be someone brimming with creative ideas, a strategic thinker, able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with curiosity and knowledge of the world we live in, the media agenda, and how this applies to our clients. Agency and big brand experience are both highly desirable.
The Financial + Professional Services team has grown rapidly in 2021, winning 12 new clients this year, and growing in headcount as well. Our strategy of providing clients with both the depth of expertise in financial and professional services they expect and the breadth of experience they require in multi-stakeholder, multi-channel communications, has been key to our success. This is a new role, created as a direct result of our recent and forecasted growth.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
At Hill+Knowlton Strategies we pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
The pandemic has changed the workplace forever, but we still recognise the benefits of human and social interaction, and believe it is essential for our mental health and wellbeing. Our fair and flexible working policy has been designed with everyone in mind, ensuring that we continue to deliver for our clients, collaborate with our colleagues, and provide growth opportunities for our people.
We are currently trialing hybrid working model, in which individual practices collaborate in the office for a minimum of two days a week. Attending the office remains voluntary.
For further details, please direct your enquires to Sarah Fell, Head of Talent, at Hill+Knowlton Strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading accounts, from proactive press offices and campaign-rich comms programmes to strategic advisory and corporate profiling. We welcome applications from people that can show:
- A proven track record for creating and leading high-level, high-impact campaigns
- Strong client handling skills; experience in delivering decisive counsel to senior clients
- Excellent organisational skills; delivering high-level strategy through every turn of a complex communications programme
- Able to create captivating media angles and adapt them for a range of different targets
- A deep affinity with the UK media landscape and its most important stakeholders
- Adept at crafting engaging, impactful and flawless copy for a range of communications channels
- A team player that can create high-performing account teams, earning the respect of their colleagues, as well as motivate and develop
- Comfortable leading pitches alongside senior team, with a desire to win new business of significant size and scope
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to be part of smart, ambitious, and dynamic team, growing quickly within a large agency, and not forgetting to have fun with it
- A seamless connection to specialist teams and talented individuals spanning a truly global agency, with countless opportunities to work with a diverse group of people in the UK and around the world
- Exposure to leading brands and exciting briefs, and the chance to learn from consultants at the top of their game
- A worldclass training centre and packed schedule of cross-discipline learning and networking opportunities
- The ability to shape the thinking and direction of major projects for some of the biggest new launches in the industry