Energy + Industrials - Senior Account Executive
H+K - ENERGY + INDUSTRIALS SECTOR
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
H+K is an international communications agency and was the first large agency to structure itself around industry sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge. This is supported by specialist areas including ideas, creativity, strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, to reinvent their capabilities and to set new standards in the industry.
Our Energy, Industrials, Mobility + Transport sector is one of the largest in our London agency. A 30-strong team, we work at the heart of the most fundamental issues facing business and society; from managing the energy transition to supporting the rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure; from accelerating the development of smart cities, through to ending plastic pollution and catalysing a circular economy we create compelling communications that change behaviours, secure license to operate and shape reputation.
We’re now looking to recruit an established Senior Account Executive or Junior Account Manager to join our growing practice to work with leading UK and global brands. Successful candidates will have a grounding in corporate and/or B2B communications, have a strong grasp of social media and will have a passion for writing. You’ll have experience being part of account teams with multiple workstreams, and will have played a role in managing team deadlines, workflow and agency delivery.
Experience in the energy, manufacturing, transport, technology or infrastructure sectors is ideal but not essential. The new hire will be an adept storyteller who will complement the team’s values by being ambitious, creative, kind and supportive.
Recent and current clients include: Shell, Hitachi, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative, Smart Energy GB, Amcor, Equinor, DS Smith, Net Zero Teeside, Honda, Ellen Macarthur Foundation, Uniper, DNV GL and the Institute of Economics and Peace.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO….
- Is interested in the energy and industrials sector and how these sectors will shape the future of business and society
- Has an interest in, and a developing understanding of how the wider policy and stakeholder environment around issues like climate change, regulation and sustainability can impact our clients’ operating environment
- Is a master storyteller with a passion for writing, who knows how to flex their style for different clients, audiences and channels
- Has a nose for a story, can create proactive media pitches and can sell them to media to generate coverage for clients
- Has previous experience working with B2B brands and an understanding of the trade and national media landscape
- Has experience managing organic and paid social media campaigns on platforms including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Has attention to detail and appreciation of tight deadlines, and can prioritise and manage time effectively
- Has strong organisational skills and ability to manage workloads, suppliers and other third parties
WORK WE ARE PROUD OF
- Developing and launching Net Zero Teeside, the UK’s most significant carbon, capture, utilisation and storage project
- Activating global thought leadership campaigns for an international trade association working at the heart of the energy transition
- Leading the national conversation on energy efficiency with Smart Energy GB, activating national creative campaigns to drive awareness around the rollout of smart meters in the UK
- Supporting the Ellen McArthur Foundation with media relations campaigns around some of the world’s most pressing sustainability issues
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies with a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
- The opportunity to hone your skills across strategic consultancy, brand campaigns, paid and organic digital and social media, media relations, and content generation
- Breadth of learning opportunities working across the H+K business with our experts in areas such as consumer brands, internal comms, crisis + issues management, behavioural science and digital and content production
- Be part of a close-knit, highly motivated team, where culture matters, creativity is encouraged, and engagement and cooperation are common values
- Our dedicated, industry-leading training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development
H+K is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and we always consider flexible working arrangements.