Account Executive - Consumer PR (Commerce Brands)
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing.
We think of the agency as a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time in that story. Whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow from what it is today.
Commerce - H+K London’s newest sector team – helps brands win in omnichannel commerce. Our team combines their knowledge of the latest Commerce strategies, with expertise in earned, shared, owned and paid and experience across bricks and mortar, eCommerce, apps, B2B, D2C, eRetailers and marketplaces to help brands navigate new ways of winning baskets.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We have an exciting new opportunity for a talented Account Executive, who’s brimming with intellectual curiosity and a passion for communications, to join our Commerce team.
The successful candidate will have some experience in PR (either corporate or consumer) and a desire to further and deepen their knowledge. They will be a creative thinker who is knowledgeable and passionate about the media, content and publishing strategies and best practice. Experience working with brands that provided interconnected experiences will be advantageous - but isn’t essential. An interest in the trends that are shaping our world and our habits – both on and offline - is crucial.
With a keenness to learn, you will deliver new ideas, uncover opportunities, engage with media and influencers, develop and draft content, keep projects and timelines on track, and drive towards client objectives. Your brain will be challenged.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Comfortable in client relations and offering counsel
- Manage multiple projects with account leads from conception to completion, anticipating challenges and meeting deadlines
- Participation in a busy press office managing both reactive and proactive media enquiries
- Maintain relationships and build media / influencer contacts to drive client coverage
- Campaign and events support
- Draft copy for articles, press releases, and event materials
- Proactively develop and manage client correspondence (i.e. daily pitch updates, activity reports, etc.); communicate status of activity to internal client leads
- Maintain and manage the administrative elements of the account (including coverage charts, morning coverage alerts, coverage trackers, media list, reports etc.)
- Creative – confident generating ideas in response to client briefs
- Coverage monitoring and keeping abreast of relevant industry news
- Build a deep understanding of industry trends, competitive landscape and how they impact clients
- UK and global outlook - ability to transfer skills to both UK and global client work
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop your communications career within a full-service and internationally networked communications consultancy, as part of a collaborative, friendly and supportive team - with all the opportunities and wider benefits you would expect
- Work on, shape, and deliver huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- The opportunity to develop your media relations, social and content and publishing expertise working with established practitioners under whose guidance your competencies will be elevated
- A fascinating integrated communications role within a dynamic and talented team
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators working with leading brands and clients
- Regular access to bespoke training designed to help you grow and progress core competencies for PR – including (but not limited to) content and publishing, data and analytics, presentation skills, client handling and creative ideation.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries