As our NYC studio grows, we’re seeking a design fellow to support the creative team and bring fresh thinking. As part of our integrated team, you’ll work with our Design Director alongside designers, art directors, filmmakers, copywriters and strategists to produce engaging designs.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency, and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
Our business combines 10 vertical sectors focused on deep industry knowledge, with an evolving number of specialist areas that work horizontally across those sectors. One of those specialist areas of expertise is our Studio. We have a network of Studios around the globe. [About The Studio]
As we develop communications campaigns for our clients across the earned, owned, paid and shared spaces, we turn to the creative and design expertise in the Studio to help breathe life into our ideas. From the creation of a new identity, to a full-length documentary, to a digital content hub, to the latest interactive experience, the Studio creates the content that carries our stories to audiences around the globe.
What we are looking for:
As our NYC studio grows, we’re seeking a design fellow to support the creative team with fresh thinking. As part of our integrated team, you’ll work with our Art Director alongside designers, filmmakers, copywriters, and strategists to produce engaging designs that are liked and shared.
Design and craft is your passion. You’ll bring a considered, bold and clean aesthetic with strong art direction skills and typographic attention to detail. Working across a broad mix of disciplines, a typical week in our studio would involve designing social posts, creating storyboards, editing presentations, and concepting for pitches.
· Curious, creative and entrepreneurial
· Smart, direct and a clear communicator
· An optimist that’s calm under pressure
· Attention to detail obsessive
· Fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of working
· Design trend guru
· Design/creative degree
· Design internship experience preferred
· Working closely with the team to create outstanding design for global social channels, brand communications and campaigns
· Designing social assets, gifs and short animations
· Reformatting and resizing artwork for multiple digital and/or print channels
· Creating storyboards and film treatments
· Developing creative concepts; pulling visual and cultural references to define ideas
· Working in integrated teams across brand, content and experiential
· Promoting a creative culture across the agency
· Generating concepts both independently and as part of a team
· Digital and social native
· Ideas / concept generation both independently and as part of a team
· Razor sharp levels of attention-to-detail
· Adobe Creative Cloud and Mac OS
· MS office and PowerPoint
· General understanding of animation and AfterEffects
Flexible fellowship: We will consider full-time or part-time availability throughout the program, for 3-6 months.
Benefits: Access to a medical plan, fitness and commuter reimbursement options and 401k enrollment.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office or follow up on the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.