Public Relations Senior Consultant
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for a rock-star Senior Consultant to join our dynamic Toronto team. This represents an exciting opportunity to lead and execute programs for some of the most well-respected and compelling brands in Canada, across a range of sectors, including consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, travel and tourism, home furnishing/appliances, financial services and more.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with an excellent track record of providing smart client counsel and ability to take the lead on large, integrated communications programs. We are looking for not only incredible talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion for the H+K brand and our clients.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Toronto +YOU, together.Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Acting as a client facing lead, providing strategic recommendations, generating fresh, smart ideas and providing counsel
- Helping oversee junior team members, delegating tasks, executing client initiatives, ensuring client satisfaction and anticipating needs and potential issues as they arise
- Developing and executing social media strategies that incorporate industry best practices; providing client contacts with audience-centric social media analysis and guidance
- Creating and executing earned media and influencer strategies; managing media relations and influencer engagement projects and building relationships with key contacts
- Serving as a point of quality control, reviewing and editing written materials to ensure high quality and precision in client deliverables
- Supervising and contributing to all campaign measurement including influencer activities, media monitoring, data analytics and reporting on all projects
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account management and planning
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential consumer brand clients
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- 5-7 years’ experience in a communications role (prior agency/consulting experience an asset)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Natural curiosity and genuine passion for storytelling
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- An understanding of the traditional PR, social and digital program space
- Ability to recommend and lead execution of strategic PR and marketing programs
- Experience developing and executing integrated communications programs (media relations, influencer engagement, digital, community management, events, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills that can be applied across various platforms
- Strong project and budget management skills, ability to delegate and prioritize
- High attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Knowledge about current trends and pop culture
- True team player with a can-do mindset
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.