Assistant Consultant, Communications + Engagement
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is looking for an energetic and high-performing Assistant Consultant to join our team in Ottawa. This position presents the opportunity to support clients across a wide range of sectors including arts and culture, energy, financial services, government, health, professional services, and technology. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, have strong attention to detail, and are keen to learn and grow in a collaborative, fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
Here's what you would be doing:
- Supporting the development and implementation of integrated communications and engagement programs that generate awareness and create meaningful engagement with target audiences.
- Writing for a variety of channels and executions, including web content, social media, news releases, pitches, and stakeholder communications materials.
- Research in support of client mandates
- Social and traditional media monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Social media community management
- Supporting the planning and execution of meetings and events (virtual and in-person)
- Supporting media relations
- Supporting project management
- Delivering excellent client service
- Fostering relationships and building trust with colleagues, peers and clients
- Contribute to business development efforts
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including healthy paid time off, schedule flexibility, fitness reimbursement, and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative team culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- 1–2 years of work experience in a communications role. Prior agency experience is an asset
- Undergraduate degree and/or college diploma in public relations/communications or a related field such as journalism, political science, public policy or social studies
- A consumer of news and a strong interest in the issues of the day
- An interest in understanding and communicating about technical/complex subject matter such as: science, engineering, urban planning, major infrastructure
- Comfort with digital communications, tools and platforms
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Superior project and time management skills with keen attention to detail, ability to prioritize and deliver projects despite obstacles and delays.
- Bilingualism in French and English
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards. Our client obsession means constantly evolving, bringing new products, services + world-class talent onboard our teams to help our clients and the public communicate. Always in beta.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.