Director, Writing + Editorial
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for Director, Writing + Editorial to join our team in Toronto. The successful candidate would work in the Content+Publishing team and will play a key role across the business, particularly work within the Corporate Affairs and Financial and Professional Service team.
As a Director, Writing + Editorial you will:
- Anchor the writing team while also helping to mentor and build internal writing resources.
- Be responsible for writing on various technical topics, research-based white papers, as well as persuasive pieces (i.e.,op-eds or press releases).
- Be responsible for synthesizing information and creating strategic messaging and written materials in tandem with client and account leads.
- Develop overall brand/corporate tone for clients and corresponding message documents.
- Copy edit, proof read and provide editorial direction for various written products.
- Be the H+K resource for writing best practices and style, ensuring an even corporate tone is applied across all products.
- Successful candidates have experienced working in corporate and/or public affairs environments. Experience in journalism is preferred.
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- Access to best practices across H+K and WPP global agency structure.
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
- 6-8 years experience in journalism, political communications or executive communications
- Fluent in CP style and ability to produce error-proof written products, optimized for channel (media, blog, etc)
- Extensive experience in preparing executive-ready documents and messaging
- Thorough understanding of citing and referencing sources- ensuring credibility is documented at every level
- Exceptional writing and research skills; journalism and or think tank experience, a benefit.
- Ability to work with collaboratively
- Ability to manage internal and external deadlines and deliverables across multiple client accounts
- Articulate, poised, quick on your feet; able to work in a fast -paced environment and independently.
- Organized, detail oriented, problem solver, energetic
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.