Public Relations Fellow
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Fellow to join our dynamic Los Angeles team for an immediate start. This is a formal fellowship designed to help further develop essential communications, strategic planning, research, and media skills.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and skillful writer who can manage deadlines for multiple clients, while still creating quality work. We’re looking for a solution-oriented team player with a positive attitude and a proactive approach.
Here’s What You’d Be Doing
- Monitoring relevant industry news for daily/weekly client monitoring reports
- Conducting research and compiling detailed information on industry events and activities in support of presentation deliverables to C-level executives
- Drafting press materials and press releases
- Conducting media outreach and scheduling client interviews with reporters, staffing interviews when needed
- Developing editorial calendars to strategically publish content across various channels
- Executing social media monitoring and social listening reports
- Actively participating in team, staff and client meetings and proactively seeking and sharing relevant information when appropriate
- Proactively working with supervisors to establish and track career goals, training and skill-building needs
- Assisting team members with additional assignments as needed
What you need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree needed, and a plus if it’s in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Public Affairs
- Previous experience in content development, journalism, digital marketing and/or public relations agency-based internship experience preferred
- Strong research skills with the ability to analyze and summarize findings
- Excellent writer with knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Social /digital savvy with proficiency across all major social media platforms
- Self-starter who is eager to learn and jump in on multiple projects
- Organized, poised, personable team player able to think on your feet
- Energetic problem solver with excellent multitasking skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Creative design skills also a plus (PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
We require full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week)
Benefits: Access to a medical plan, fitness reimbursement, 401k enrollment, training opportunities and more.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Thank you for your interest in H+K Strategies and we hope to connect with you soon.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.