Media Intelligence Analyst, Data + Analytics
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Media Intelligence Analyst to join our Data + Analytics team in Canada. This entry-level role represents a unique opportunity to grow your analytics skills by working with a diverse base of influential clients within a dynamic global organization. Although this role is focused on media intelligence, you will have the opportunity to learn about and work on primary research (e.g., surveys, focus groups) and memeasurement/analytics projects (e.g., dashboard development). This role will be based in Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal. Proficiency in French is a benefit but is not required.
As a Media Intelligence Analyst within the Data + Analytics team you will:
· Collaborate with H+K team members to develop and deliver media intelligence reports that identify trends and opportunities for our clients.
· Facilitate training sessions on monitoring tools (e.g., Cision, Meltwater, brandwatch) for H+K team members.
· Support ongoing media intelligence initiatives as needed by delivering reports to clients. This may involve working hours outside of the typical 9-to-5.
· Review existing processes related media intelligence and recommend opportunities for improvement.
· Assist teams within H+K with matters related to resourcing, scheduling, and workflows.
· Assist in managing relationships between H+K and media intelligence data providers (e.g., Cision, Meltwater).
Here’s what you’ll need to get here:
· A minimum one year of previous media intelligence experience, or experience with media intelligence tools through a public relations / communications post-graduate program.
· Previous experience with social and traditional and monitoring tools (e.g., Sprout, Meltwater, Brandwatch, Cision, etc) is an asset.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work outside of the typical 9-to-5. Monitoring projects typically involve morning deliverables and may occasionally involve being on-call on weekends.
· Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience with dashboarding platforms (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or Looker) is an asset but not required.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs' consultancy providing services to local, multinational, and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and delivers award winning campaigns and is focus on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs' expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, goverment+public sector, energy+industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial+professional services, food+drink, retail+leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill +Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ:WPPGY), one of the world's largest communications services groups.
H+K Strategies welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, we will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity:
H+K Strategies Canada provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related, amongst others to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
We are professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity, equity and inclusion of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity, equity and inclusion enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
Message to Agencies:
H+K Strategies Canada does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. H+K Strategies Canada will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to H+K Strategies Canada is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to H+K Strategies Canada will be deemed gratuitous, and H+K Strategies Canada will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay a referral or any other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a direct candidate is subsequently hired.