Senior Account Manager - External Communications
Title: Senior Account Manager, External Communications
Role Description: H+K Strategies is searching for a talented Senior Account Manager, External Communications, to join our Corporate Affairs + Advisory team. This is a unique opportunity to grow as a communications professional by working across a diverse portfolio of influential clients within a dynamic, global agency. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting large, global, fast-moving companies in the consumer and / or technology sectors and a track record of success developing and executing strategic external communications across Paid, Earned, Shared and Owned, and reputation campaigns. Preference given for candidates with experience in purpose-driven and/or corporate communications as well as candidates who have media relations expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning and executing strategic external communications and campaigns on key corporate initiatives for multiple brand-name clients
- Helping drive integrated Paid, Earned, Shared and Owned initiatives within complex and matrixed organizations, working alongside client leaders
- Providing clients with informed recommendations based on a true understanding of their business and communication objectives
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with client contacts
- Contributing superb writing abilities in the creation of articles, FAQs, talking points and presentations tailored specifically for the employee audience
- Working closely with H+K team members and key client contacts, ensuring high quality and precision on client deliverables
- Contributing creativity, passion, and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued, and rewarded
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years’ experience in strategic communications/public relations; experience working with clients in the retail or technology sector; agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of successfully planning and executing external communications programs that meet client business objectives
- Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail and love of the written word
- Strong understanding of the stakeholder management / external landscape; proactive in tracking relevant changes and the ability to make recommendations/share insight with client contacts based on those changes
- Experience with corporate and/or purpose-driven communications
- Experience with retail, mobile apps, change management and/or research and evaluation a plus
H+K Strategies is one of the world’s largest and most renowned communications firms, with more than 85 offices around the globe.
At H+K here in the U.S., our first priority is our people and creating an experience for each employee that is positive and fulfilling. Do you like being able to work from anywhere and in a way that is best for your life? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working for the industry’s most exciting clients and supporting headline-grabbing programs? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working with nice people? Come join us at H+K. Do you like industry-best benefits, vacation time, wellness time, and parental leave? You guessed it, come join us at H+K.
Come join us at H+K. Where we believe in the power of “Being” everything that our employees need us to be – creating a work life that is all about Being Flex, Being Connected, Being Well, Being Empowered, and Being Valued. And we keep innovating and evolving our employee experience based on what we hear directly from our team members because we strive to be the absolute best place to work.
So, let’s recap, what to expect if you were to work at H+K:
- Nice, passionate colleagues and a supportive work culture
- Flexible work modes program, where you can choose whether you work from home, work from the office, or a mix of both – a completely hybrid, distributed workforce
- Exciting clients and opps to stretch up and across to grow within the company
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing, industry-best benefits, such as
- Comprehensive and inclusive health, dental, vision, and mental healthcare
- Back-up care paid parental leave (16-week maternity leave!), and other family solutions
- Retirement savings and student loan refinancing partner options
- Insanely good vacation and wellness time off, no matter your level
- Plus, another engaging employee programming, such as
- Ally and Mentorship program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Experience committees
- And, worth mentioning, frequent happy hours
Most importantly! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, H+K Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
COME JOIN US!