Energy + Industrials- Senior Account Executive
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
We are currently looking for a media-savvy Senior Account Executive to join our Energy + Industrials practice, one of our most diverse business sectors. The team is a young, collaborative and vibrant group that holds itself to the highest professional standards and consistently delivers excellent work and flawless client service.
The portfolio of clients is diverse both in terms of core businesses, but also in terms of target audiences. For this role, we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who have experience working in a fast-paced media environment. If you love crafting a story, hitting the phones and making the sell, we want to hear from you.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience driving a fast-paced media office for a client, covering both proactive and reactive media relations
- A natural publicist, with the ability to identify compelling story angles for media and craft creative narratives that generate relevant, on-brand coverage for clients
- Interest in the energy, transport, manufacturing and sectors. Experience in these sectors is a bonus but not necessary
- Confident and personable, you will be a collaborative team player willing to work across multiple accounts in a matrix structure
- Excellent client servicing skills, with a track record of developing lasting client relationships
- Digitally-savvy, you’ll now how to translate media content for use on social platforms with an eye for driving engagement with target audiences
- Aptitude for building media relations capabilities of more junior members of staff, coaching on sell-ins and building journalist relationships
- A proactive self-starter with an eye for identifying new business opportunities for existing clients and appetite to get involved in growing the portfolio
- High energy multi-tasker, quick and diligent with strong writing capability and impeccable attention to detail
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working on high-profile international brands
- Exposure to globally-recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy The Hub which provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to their clients.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.