Intern- Public Relations
Public Relations Intern
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking passionate and motivated individuals to join our 6 months internship programme between:
- October 2020 – April 2021, or
- January 2021 – June 2021
The Intern will gain hands-on experience and first-hand insights into the field of public relations and the day to day functions of a PR agency. Our programme enables the interns to develop confidence and marketable skills in a real-life business setting.
All our interns will immerse in all aspects of the public relations industry including business development, media relations, pitching, monitoring, research, coordinating and managing media conference, events and seminars
Assist client servicing team in terms of providing day-to-day support to clients as well as handling of specific work scope assigned to them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of allocated work scope according to agreed programme and scope of work, including but not limited to research, daily media monitoring and logistics support.
- Familiarize oneself with the client’s business and the related industry, client contacts, client procedures and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of contact reports following client meetings and timely submission of such reports to clients.
- Prepare monthly activity reports detailing PR activities carried out for the month for clients.
- Assist account servicing team to draft written materials to be submitted to the client.
- Assist in media monitoring of relevant dailies/publications/broadcast for clients.
- Assist in media liaison.
- Contribute creative inputs towards clients’ PR programmes and proposals during internal discussions.
- Contribute to new business pitches, particularly in research and intelligence gathering.
- Ad-hoc assignments assigned by the Managing Director.
- Diploma / Degree / Post-graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related (2020 - 2021 graduate)
- Previous PR internship or relevant leadership role at college/university
- Strong writing, social media, and research skills
- Possess a real passion for public relations, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in a fast pace environment
- Are highly motivated and results-oriented
- A desire for a career in public relations
- A resident in Singapore and authorized to work in Singapore without sponsorship
- Available immediately for a minimum of 6 months between:
- October 2020 – April 2021; or
- January 2021 – June 2021
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and a cover letter on why you would like to join the internship programme with H+K Strategies, and indicate which period you are available to participate in.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, colour, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.