Vice President Mobility + Transportation
H+K Strategies is seeking an Account Manager/Senior Account Manager, Product Communications with strong automotive sector experience to join our client team for a major automotive manufacturer. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in a highly client-facing role, helping to translate technical product information into consumable messaging and impactful communications strategies to reach broader audiences. In this role, you will serve as a true extension of the client team, manage junior members and be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary group.
The ideal candidate is business and media savvy, passionate about transportation/mobility technology and holds relationships with key media covering that space. We are looking for someone who is both a self-starter and a team player – motivated to deliver results but also able to work effectively with colleagues.
This position can either be based in Southern California (LA/OC region) or open to remote location.
- Serve as our team’s technical expert on all of our client’s products, sharing perspective on opportunities, risks and competitive positioning related to the Mazda vehicle line-up
- Work closely with client team to develop communications strategies and creative activation plans for all client products
- Serve as communications lead on integrated product launch teams to identify vehicle storytelling opportunities and drive messaging strategies
- Develop advanced media relations strategies for product launches and always-on storytelling
- Ability to easily convert technical product information into consumable messaging and materials
- Oversee coordination of media-centric product launch events, including concept creation, media outreach, materials development and reporting
- Maintain relationships with key top-tier automotive media to secure both launch and sustainment product coverage
- Provide larger assessments of automotive industry trends and issues, as needed, to identify opportunities and areas of concern for the brand’s products
- Serve as the product information ambassador to our agency team, regularly host vehicle education sessions to cascade out product updates/information
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
- 6+ years of experience in automotive industry communications
- Deep knowledge of automotive technologies/engineering
- Solid working knowledge of the automotive media landscape; relationships with key media across the sector
- Strong writing capabilities
- Awareness of business elements impacting the automotive industry
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including client presentations and events
- Ability to drive creativity, execute programs, and manage the client process
- Availability to travel as needed
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, professional development opportunities and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and a client account that has a positive impact on the world
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative team culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.