Global Communication Lead
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns.
Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today. Each day, more than 2000 of the smartest, most innovative and collaborative people in the world come to work at Hill +Knowlton Strategies. We invite you to join us!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a bright, collaborative and versatile Global Communication Lead to join our marketing and communications team. Reporting to the Global Chief Business Development Officer, and ideally based in New York, you will play an integral role on the passionate team that is shaping and sharing our agency’s story inside the firm (employees, teams, leadership) and out (clients, influencers, partners, prospective talent).
The successful candidate is service-oriented, enthusiastic, and a skilled storyteller, who’s looking to roll up their sleeves and don the jersey of a great internal team of H+K ambassadors and champions. You will help vocalize our agency narrative internally and externally and raise the profile of our Executing Leadership Team, including our new Chairman and CEO. You will partner with executives and teams across the globe, and be responsible for planning, directing and executing a variety of communications and marketing initiatives, including employee engagement, thought leadership, executive visibility, media relations, awards and rankings, social media, and more.
This opportunity is unique in that couples an in-house or corporate role, working across the full spectrum of H+K’s markets and teams, within an energetic and dynamic agency environment. Each of us on the team is asked to see the whole picture and think big, while still taking pride in tackling and integrating the small to achieve meaningful results for our agency and our people.
Serving and surrounded by professionals ranging from emerging to expert, you’ll be a communicator’s communicator. For the right person, there truly is no better opportunity to dig in and grow in our craft.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ongoing responsibilities of Agency and Executive external comms function (e.g., proactive/reactive media, thought leadership strategy/support, events strategy, awards and recognitions, benefits/initiatives promotion, website and social media strategy)
- Ongoing responsibilities for internal comms function (e.g., weekly newsletter, internal news and announcements, executive communications)
- Plan and execute a broad range of communication activities across a variety of internal and external platforms to share the story of H+K’s people, culture and insights in ways that align with our business growth objectives and overall business strategy.
- Collaborate, on behalf of the team, with partners within H+K, including the executive team, client service leaders, human resources, business development, talent, training, diversity and inclusion, global counterparts, and more.
- Build and foster relationships with key external stakeholders on behalf of the communications team and agency.
- Oversee and contribute to the workflow of the communications team, helping to ensure all the team’s plates continue to spin, all balls remain airborne, and all dots get connected.
- Anticipate communications needs of the team and the agency, flagging ideas and issues to the team, and offering (and often carrying out) actionable solutions.
- Lead communications projects on behalf of the team, which could range from diversity to design, brand voice to benefits, tweets to trainings, all in a single, exciting day.
- Write strategic communications materials (key messages, social content, thought leadership posts, communications plans, employee emails) with limited oversight and within the voice of the brand.
- Facilitate the agency’s participation in industry awards and rankings.
- Champion a program of thought leadership development through publishing, events and speaking engagements for key executives.
- Provide final quality control on team deliverables, ensuring they are strategic, ready for their audience, and reflect the agency’s point of view and best thinking.
- Manage, guide and/or mentor more junior team members while enjoying the opportunity to learn and to grow yourself – a true player-coach.
- Serve as an ambassador for the firm, its people and its culture within the agency, the industry and the business community.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- A great communicator who can understand the issues facing our company, our employees and our clients.
- Strong written, oral and visual communication skills, including outstanding writing and editing skills – blog posts, executive talking points, employee emails, social posts and more.
- A self-starter, resourceful, with a “get stuff done” orientation and ability to track and explain progress on key initiatives.
- Capable of developing a strong internal network.
- Ability to inspire confidence and serve as the strategic communications partner to our business leaders.
- Create presentation materials, including talking points and key messages, and work with senior management on media interviews and speaking/platform opportunities.
- 10+ years of communications/public relations/marketing experience (some agency experience preferred).
- Digital and social media savvy.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Poise and confidence in working with executive-level professionals.
- Commitment to handling confidential and sensitive information with care.
- Pride in doing both the small things and the big things, well.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Team orientation
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven ability to strategize, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.