Public Relations Account Director, Consumer
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
This fast paced and ambitious team delivers award winning work for some of the world’s largest brands and some of the most exciting market disrupters. No matter the client or the sector, we challenge ourselves to create campaigns and content that cuts through and creates tangible impact.
We currently have an opening for a Public Relations Account Director to join our dynamic Toronto team. This represents an exciting opportunity to support some of the most well-respected and compelling consumer brands in Canada, across a range of sectors, including consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, travel and tourism, home furnishing/appliances, financial services and more.
Ideally this person will have brand-building experience with the ability to stretch and apply the principles of brand building across sectors, partnering with sector experts for depth of knowledge. The ideal candidate is a smart strategist who understands that strategy lives or dies in execution. They also should be a thoughtful client counselor who has the bravery to challenge conventions if it will deliver a better result.
While we are obsessed with our clients and doing great work for them, people are at the heart of our business. We are looking for a director with a collaborative working style and a commitment to developing their team and junior staffers.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs.
Responsibilities, Attributes + Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of PR agency experience of combination of agency + in-house with focus on consumer brand communications
- High level media relations strategy and execution experience with relevant contacts
- Proven trusted client adviser: an active listener who builds strong partnerships and confidently offers counsel
- Strategic thinker: understands our clients’ business and communications challenges and develop smart, insight-driven strategies to overcome those challenge
- Creative spark: brings a fresh perspective to our clients and develops ideas that challenge conventions
- Growth mindset: actively seeks opportunities for organic growth; proactively seeks new business leads and has a history of leading and winning pitches
- Operationally savvy: experience effectively managing multiple client budgets
- People-centric: committed to the development of team members through active coaching and mentoring
- Progressive mind-set: interested in evolving communications and the role of PR within the marketing mix; brave enough to try new approaches and adopt new technologies and willing to take calculated risks to do better and more meaningful work
What the role can offer you:
- Working on big budget assignments with challenging communications issues
- Being part of a dynamic office with a team of smart sector experts and specialists who are innovating the services we bring to our clients
- Doing the kind of work that creates more than coverage; we have the potential to create change and make a positive impact on the world around us
- Access our world class training and development program – including WPP training
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.