Senior Client Manager
At this level, you have the experience and autonomy to independently lead a portfolio of retainer and project campaigns across practices and publishing channels (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid). Your creativity has ample chance to shine as you look for opportunities to retain and grow clients, and deliver award-winning work.
- Manages a limited number of major accounts, or a larger number of smaller accounts.
- Handles the agency’s relationship with the most senior client contacts on each account; provides strategic counsel to senior client contacts and ensures their satisfaction with the agency.
- Oversees assigned accounts' financial management.
- Gives strategic input for public relations program development. Intercedes as necessary to address client, staff, and financial issues.
- Develops and fosters communication and collaboration with senior level creative partners.
- Largely accountable for identifying and pursuing new business for the offices and practice area.
- Contributes to the development of business plans for the office and agency.
To apply to this role you should demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the network
- Communicate complex legal, commercial and contractual issues clearly
- Provide training in new and existing tools
- Be proactive and tenacious
- Ability to interact and communicate at all levels of the company
- Networking with managers and client leaders at all levels
- Awareness of cultural and political sensitivities.
- Apply new creative thinking to all aspects of work, especially the development of new tools and solutions
- Ensure quality and consistency in all work
- Balance and prioritize conflicting demands appropriately
- Strong and flexible time management to meet team and client needs
- Use initiative and creative analytical approaches in addressing commercial issues.
- Good knowledge and understanding of a project-based professional service firm
- Able to see the big picture and provide detailed relevant financial analysis.
- Graduate and post graduate degree
- International work experience, at least 7 - 10 years
- Proven ability to negotiate successfully complex, multi-market contracts with professional client procurement specialists
- Strong analytical skills
- High level Excel skills (to include macros, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.) as well as PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of financial and other business systems (SAP and Maconomy) a plus
- Excellent English communication skills.