ENTERTAINMENT ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Entertainment is the newest formed sector in H+K and is growing fast. We work with some of the biggest and most exciting brands in entertainment – from gaming to esports, music and cinema, streaming, VR and mobile.
We’re building a vibrant and creative team that delivers incredible work for amazing brands at the forefront of the entertainment space.
We’re recruiting for an Account Director to join us, with experience in consumer PR, a passion for communications in the entertainment space and the way brands can play an authentic role within the sector.
H+K is a public relations and integrated communications agency with 90 offices around the globe. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing.
Through strategic counsel, creative thinking and effective activation, our deep sector expertise enables us to truly understand our clients’ perspective and transform their challenges into effective, award-winning solutions.
Our purpose is to inspire more open, creative and curious conversations to help build a better agency and world.
Activision Blizzard – Part of the world’s biggest video game publisher, maker of Call of Duty. Leading the launch and sustain of one of the world’s biggest videogame franchises, across EMEA through strategic campaign planning and co-ordination of local market executions. Focussing on engaging mainstream audiences through impact in popular culture while maintaining the core community
Spotify: EMEA strategy and execution with a focus on music and podcasts
Guild Esports – one of the fastest-growing brands in the world of esports, co-owned by David Beckham and offering unique pathways into the space with its Guild Academy and elite teams across Fortnite, Valorant, Rocket League and more
We’re looking for a talented, creative and strategic Account Director, with experience working with EMEA and global clients, to help deliver integrated PR campaigns for some of our biggest clients. You should have excellent client service and campaign management skills, be creative - creating earned media campaigns that fly - and have a deep understanding of popular culture and the entertainment space.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has delivered creative planning and strategy for global consumer brands, as well as creating local executions that reflect and shape culture.
Work will be inspiring, varied and challenging and include:
- Being part of a driven and ambitious team
- Management of senior client relationships, domestically and internationally
- Driving creativity and strategic thinking
- Creating engaging assets and content for global and local storytelling
- Market liaison
- Writing strategic plans
- Using data and insights to drive effective storytelling and campaign evaluation
- Co-ordinating global and local events
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about entertainment and particularly digital entertainment (gaming, audio, streaming etc)
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Proven track record in creating impactful campaigns for big brands
- Strong client handling and leadership skills; from design to delivery of campaigns/projects
- Proficient in preparing and managing budgets
- A team player with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong understanding of the media landscape and influencer marketing with the ability to lead by example and coach junior team members to ensure a consistent quality of output
- Curious about the world. Interested in different cultures, experiences, current affairs
- Curious about different audiences and how to engage them Driven and self-motivated – has experience in managing members of a team, and maintaining momentum behind work
- Confident problem solver
- Strong team player, able to work within large teams, manage junior team members and report in to senior members
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail, particularly under pressure
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The chance to work on a diverse and exciting range of client programmes
- The opportunity to make your mark in this thriving team working within a supportive environment.
- The chance to join a leading global PR network and all the career opportunities and wider benefits you would expect, including a best in class training programme.