Public Relations Senior Associate, Corporate Communications+Content
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
H+K Strategies’ Washington, DC team is looking for a talented, digitally savvy Senior Associate too join our dynamic group. This is an opportunity to grow within a global network of energized experts, managing communications campaigns across a diverse portfolio of clients in healthcare, energy, financial services, public affairs and more.
The ideal candidate brings a versatile skillset with a strong background in content creation and distribution and a track record of success executing PR campaigns with precision and enthusiasm.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Managing strategic communications campaigns including proactive media relations, digital and social content projects, events and award programs and more
- Working closely with client contacts and internal H+K teams to deliver on client objectives and maintain client satisfaction
- Developing and executing compelling content across various platforms including blog posts, web copy, social platforms, email campaigns, bylines, op-eds/thought leadership pieces and more
- Supporting development of and executing media strategy, able to build media relationships to garner coverage and mapping pitches to specific targets
- Exercising your creativity and strategic thinking in account planning and execution
- Supporting development of and managing project plans, leading brainstorming sessions, providing proactive recommendations and maintaining relationships with key internal and external client leaders
- Contributing creativity, passion and expertise to an entrepreneurial team environment where everyone’s voice is heard, highly valued and rewarded
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours and location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and global, influential client accounts
- Being part of an inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree
- 4-6 years’ experience working in strategic communications and public relations; agency experience strongly preferred
- Corporate communications and/or public affairs experience developing and leading integrated campaigns in a variety of industry sectors; client experience in healthcare, energy and/or technology a plus
- Superb writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail, proper grammar, spelling and deep knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Strong digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement; ability to ideate and execute compelling content that connects our client’s with key stakeholders across various platforms
- Skilled storyteller able to ideate strong client narratives that capture attention and communicate a clear brand message
- Strong expertise in media strategy and execution with an established base of relevant media contacts
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
- Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including leading/participating in client meetings, client events and representing H+K during brainstorms and planning sessions
- Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
- Curiosity and drive needed to tackle tough challenges, ambition, long-term vision
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.