Director, People & Culture - Greater China
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies:
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving, bringing new products, services + world-class talent onboard our teams to help our clients and the public communicate. Always in beta.
H+K Strategies Greater China is seeking a Human Resources Director to be based in our Hong Kong Office. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic leadership team to implement all facets of our HR service in China and Hong Kong. This unique and exciting opportunity offers the ability to work in the field as a regional leader and as part of the greater Global HR and Talent team. In this role, you will oversee and manage all Human Resources and Talent functions including recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding, retention, employee relations, compensation and performance management, career planning, and training. You will deliver high-level client service, develop and execute HR strategy linked to business objectives and ensure that all programs are operating efficiently and effectively. This position reports directly the Global Head of Talent (based in the U.S.) with a dotted line to the CEO of Greater China. The ideal candidate will combine strong business acumen and strategic thinking with a functional specialty in human resources and recruitment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage HR and Talent initiatives for Greater China, comprised of 200+ employees and five offices - Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
- Develop and implement talent and human resources objectives and strategies by identifying, researching and analysing key data and insights.
- Partner with Global HR and Talent team members to implement best practices across employee relations, benefits, payroll, compensation, recruiting, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, learning and development, mentoring, coaching and other related topics.
- Create and/or lead best-in-class programs that positively impact the selection, development and retention of talent related to employee engagement, recognition and rewards.
- Partner with global colleagues and local leadership in the development, evaluation and monitoring of training programs on a wide variety of topics.
- Provide strategic counsel to leadership and client teams to ensure consistency and adherence to internal policies, as well as local country and province regulations.
- Oversee the performance review and compensation processes.
- Involve in compensation and benefits such as salary and bonus administration, review of benefits, market surveys and career structure reviews.
- Manage all employee relations issues, building relationships with employees and acting as an advisor and coach as needed.
What you’ll need to get here:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- At least 10 years of fulltime working experience, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence effectively at all levels
- Strong understanding of employment laws in China and Hong Kong and working knowledge of employment legislation throughout the region
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment - Open to travel
- Experience with recruitment, HR generalist duties and health and wellness and performance management programs and practices
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong work ethic coupled with a client-centric approach to service
- Self-directed with the ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Effective team player, results-oriented and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Conscientious and proactive follow through
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coach and influence a variety of personalities
- Applies excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills to activities and projects
- Experience in managing HR projects from research through implementation