Regional Commercial Director
Hill+Knowlton Strategies in continental Europe is on a growth path and therefore we are looking for a
Regional Commercial Director – Continental Europe
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a strong and ambitious self-starter with deep knowledge and understanding of a project-based professional service firm, enthusiastic about working in an integrated, matrix structured team.
The successful candidate will focus on providing commercial and legal leadership and partner with the regional and national management of Hill+Knowlton Strategies to assist them in achieving their business goals, managing risk, and maximising opportunity.
The candidate will have 10+ years of experience with a proven ability to negotiate successfully complex, multi-market contracts with direct clients and their professional client procurement specialists. You have a post-graduate degree preferably a mixture of law, business, commercial or economics coupled with international work experience ideally dealing with clients inside and outside of the EU.
- Lead major regional and local client negotiations
- Commercial lead for regional RFP submissions
- Support the global commercial team on major global pitches
- Negotiate major regional client contracts and provide ad hoc contract review and advice in conjunction with in house and external legal support.
Support the business in understanding and managing its risk related to conflicts of interest vs its exposure to client competitive forces
- Support regional and local leadership by providing consulting on client operational issues and deliver innovative strategies for managing growth.
- Partner with CEOs and other regional leaders on business development initiatives, pitches and client innovation or expansion
- Lead commercial skills development working with teams across the region
- Provide ongoing commercial advice and support to local CEOs, CFOs and management boards.
To apply to this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following skills & competencies:
- Communicate complex legal, commercial and contractual issues clearly
- Be proactive and tenacious
- Speak a number of European languages
- Work effectively as part of the European management team
- Strong EQ and people-orientation
- Creative thinking and a solutions mindset
- Able to see the big picture and provide detailed relevant financial analysis.
We place great importance on providing equal opportunities and highly encourage applicants from all races, national origins, ages, religions, or sexual orientations to apply. We foster a workplace in which diversity and individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
We are passionate about our work and aren’t afraid to work hard. We support and trust each other. We practice a flat hierarchy and flexibility. We have fun together. That attitude extends to the relationship we build with clients. Our clients have high expectations of us and in turn we challenge each other to think even harder, be more innovative and exceed our own high expectations.