Financial Professional Services- Account Manager
In response to a series of recent new business wins, we have an opportunity for a talented Account Manager who’s brimming with intellectual curiosity and ready to take a leading role on some of the biggest and most exciting accounts in our Financial & Professional Services team.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn from some of the best in the business, who has the drive to get stuck in and who can anticipate clients’ and colleagues’ needs. The opportunity will see you drive and deliver top quality results for some of our most exciting accounts, working across a broad client portfolio which spans wealth management, fintech, banking, law, accountancy and HR consultancy.
The right candidate will be someone brimming with creative ideas, a strategic and constructive thinker, able to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly moving environment; with curiosity and knowledge of the world we live in, the media agenda, and how this applies to our clients.
You’ll be used to working both independently and as part of a team to identify and deliver the right media opportunities for clients, creating content for integrated campaigns, driving forward team activity as the lynchpin across your accounts.
Agency and big brand experience are highly desired, and while an interest in financial services is key, specific sector experience is not essential. The team does a lot of work in Financial & Professional Services, but we also work across many areas - from FMCG giants to global tech and entertainment brands.
H+K is one of the leading global communications agencies, always in beta - always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing, thought leadership, public affairs and behaviour change. We expect our people to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role, making our agency the perfect home for a motivated and ambitious self-starter who wants to grow integrated comms skills.
H+K is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Intellectual curiosity in spades
- Interest in, and understanding of, business issues, news and politics, the media and the world around you in general. Knowledge of financial services is a real boon in this role.
- Ability to keep on top of trends / news and the implications / opportunities for your clients
- Ability to craft media angles and stories and adapt them to different media targets as required
- Experience in working with market research agencies to help create data-led headlines and stories for a variety of clients and media outlets
- Ambition, drive, and commitment to great quality results
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- A strong client handler and ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Passionate about creative practice with demonstrable knowledge of emerging trends and creativity across industries and channels
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- A team player who is looking to be an integral member of a highly performing team
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- Fantastic culture and a friendly but demanding team who will push you to be your best self and constantly learn new skills and take on new opportunities
- Ability to work with and learn from an engaged senior team, committed to your development and finding the right opportunities for you to shine
- Shape and deliver huge campaigns for some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands
- Breadth of experience and opportunity across corporate and consumer
- Access to a global network of specialist communicators and ability to work on global projects and opportunities, across an agency of 250+.
- Regular opportunities for career growth and progression, aided by incredible training and development across a range of modules. Includes core PR skills plus client handling, presentation training, influencer management, content and publishing (and many more).
- Access to learning from agency colleagues and peers via Tech Spec (weekly sessions where we hear from industry speakers such as Amazon, Google, Snapchat, Twitter) and Big Night In (monthly agency social to share creative ideas and best practice across sector teams over pizza and a drink).
- Being part of a dynamic, and social team that recognises and celebrates successes together