Vice President Citizenship and Sustainability
Hill and Knowlton Strategies is looking for a Vice President Citizenship and Sustainability
More than ever, we are seeing an enhanced need for organizations to take action to create positive environmental and social impact from addressing the climate crisis to human rights. We are seeking senior level expertise to work with clients to develop initiatives that help them find a deeper sense of purpose that reflects the focus on shared value creation.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Growing H+K’s Canadian Better Impact citizenship and sustainability practice across all eight of our core Better Impact capabilities: Environmental Sustainability; Corporate Foundations + Philanthropy; Diversity, Equity + Inclusion; NGOs + Non-profits; Disaster Relief + Humanitarian Aid; Supply Chain; Community Engagement; and, ESG Performance/Reporting
- Serving as an expert resource to existing and potential clients on citizenship and sustainability issues and consulting with H+K client teams across sectors
- Staying current on trends, insights, best practices and competitor positioning relevant to citizenship and sustainability and sharing relevant briefings with H+K client leaders and teams
- Expanding our team of Better Impact experts, nurturing both existing and new talent, and focusing on critical growth areas such as Environmental Sustainability, Diversity, Equity + Inclusion and ESG Performance/Reporting
- Envision and build the continued evolution of H+K’s Better Impact practice – from the development and execution of a strategy/new business plan, to the build-out of team/skillsets and growth paths (partnerships, acquisitions, etc.)
- Serve as a visionary leader and mentor to core Better Impact team members, encouraging their professional development and equipping them to serve as ambassadors for the Better Impact practice across H+K sectors and client teams
- Collaborate and partner with global Better Impact leaders across H+K’s footprint, facilitating the sharing of best practices and ensuring consistency in strategy and approach
- Act as an ambassador for H+K in thought leadership forums relevant to Better Impact, increasing awareness of our citizenship and sustainability capabilities and raising H+K’s profile as a differentiated and uniquely qualified leader
- Stay current on market position, competitive set activity and ongoing evolution of external citizenship and sustainability trends and insights
- Cultivate relationships with range of stakeholders, including media, non-profits, academics and influencers, developing a strong understanding of their expectations and a unique point-of-view on how clients can best engage with them
- Act as an expert advisor to senior clients on key citizenship and sustainability issues impacting their company, employees, customers and investors
- Advise clients and client teams on citizenship and sustainability strategy and commitments, taking into consideration the external and competitor landscape and identifying opportunities for impact
- Exemplify business acumen and ability to grow and maintain a well-run client portfolio
- Demonstrate exceptional project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ensure the highest quality work is being delivered across all client business served by Better Impact; facilitate sharing of best practices and training/upskilling where needed
- Other duties as assigned
What else is in it for you?
- Full health benefits package—including paid time off, schedule flexibility, wellness reimbursement, and more
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, mentoring, learning + development to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
- A passionate, smart, fun, and creative culture
What you’ll need to get here:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Policy or similar applicable field is preferred, academic credentialing in sustainability a plus
- At least 15 to 20 years of experience in Public Relations/Public Affairs in an agency and/or corporate environment with significant experience on citizenship/sustainability topics and priorities; specific expertise in Environmental Sustainability; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; and/or, ESG Performance/Reporting preferred
- Deep understanding of wide range of communications channels, tools and vehicles spanning paid, owned and earned platforms, including social platforms
- Highly collaborative, diplomatic, ability to influence and inspire others, persuasive approach
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.