Public Relations Director, Health
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a confident and dynamic Director to join our health team in New York, NY. In this role, you will be responsible for leading high-performing teams of practitioners and communicators, committed to flawless implementation and quantifiable results while driving new opportunities across a range of issues.
The consulting world is often divided between advisers and doers. You must be both. You must be capable of sitting down with senior executives at major healthcare companies and offer unique insights and problem-solving guidance and then work with a team to develop the products that enact that guidance. You must also be able to manage people, manage budgets, effectively handle all administrative aspects of the work, and be a leader in the office beyond client work.
By its nature, consulting is a social and persuasive activity. From the new business pitch to the day to day work, you must be confident in your ability to engage and persuade challenging individuals that your strategic guidance and tactical skills are worthy of their investment in time and money.
Candidates must have public relations agency and healthcare practice experience, strong to expert knowledge of the healthcare industry and implementing successful communications program in a highly regulated environment (preferably experience working with a mix of large and small biopharma clients and healthcare providers), team and budget management skills, and new business development experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build strong and trusted relationship with clients as the team leader on key accounts
- Implement comprehensive strategic communications and stakeholder engagement activities supporting our client’s business objectives – from disease awareness to product launches
- Craft thoughtful points of view and recommendations based on a broad understanding of the health, communications and client landscapes
- Develop campaign strategy, digital content, media materials, client messaging, and thought leadership programs
- Drive growth on existing clients and identify and secure new business opportunities
- Directly mange, mentor and work alongside a collaborative team of smart and enthusiastic PR team
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related experience is preferred
- 10+ years public relations experience
- 4 years of health care industry experience, managing a team of media relations or PR professionals
- Strong writing skills (proven ability to write content, communications plans, executive messaging, etc)
- Strong media relations strategy development, established media contacts and the ability to develop and nurture new ones
- Proven ability to manage projects, client relationships and budgets
- Collaborative approach to managing and mentoring a team
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Digital and social media savvy
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, commuter assistance and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client accounts that include on-the-verge startups and global giants
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative office culture
- New business commission potential and employee referral bonus
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world. We believe that every corporation, brand and client has a public, and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEOs, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns.
Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today. Each day, more than 2000 of the smartest, most innovative and collaborative people in the world come to work at Hill +Knowlton Strategies. We invite you to join us!