Public Affairs/Corporate Fellow
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Fellow to join the Washington, DC team’s Public Affairs group. This is an opportunity to grow as a communications professional, within a global network of energized experts, with focus on a public affairs campaigns for a variety of clients.
Fellows assist our teams in the execution of high-impact client campaigns, gaining valuable experience in order to develop into skilled strategic communications professionals. The fellowship is merely one step toward what will become a fulfilling career for many.
As a Fellow with Hill+Knowlton, you will:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team members
- Build media relations skills by establishing media contacts and drafting pitches for target media
- Create key press materials including press releases, social media content, briefing documents and coverage reports
- Research client and competitor products and services
- Assist in the coordination of events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours and trade shows
- Interface with potential client contacts, vendors and internal teams
- Work closely with H+K leaders
- Learn through a rich curriculum of professional development and training opportunities
- Collaborate with other fellows across the US network, building relationships and knowledge sharing
- Contribute your unique ideas and personality to the vibrant H+K company culture
What you need to get here:
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related
- Previous PR/Communications internship experience
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Digital and social media savvy
- Energetic self-starter eager to learn and jump in on multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Desire for a career in PR/strategic communications
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
We require immediate, full-time availability throughout the program (minimum 40 hours per week) for 6 months.
Benefits: Access to a medical plan, fitness reimbursement, 401k enrollment, extensive training opportunities and more.
Application Instructions: If you meet the above qualifications, please follow the application instructions to apply. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.