Senior Account Manager- Technology
We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our team in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi, working across our ever-growing Technoloy practice.
At H+K you will have the opportunity to work on well-known local and global brands, and benefit from a structured training and development path for your career.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORT TO: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/PRACTICE LEAD
Senior Account Managers at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) have a focus on gaining ‘trusted consultant’ status with clients through establishment of a sector or discipline specialism, and a growing reputation in the chosen aspect of communications.
As brand guardian and account planner for a portfolio of clients, the Senior Account Manager
demonstrates knowledge, capability and creativity across all aspects of managing and implementing an integrated communications brief spanning digital and traditional media and publishing channels.
Senior Account Managers at H+K are developing leadership and business skills through line management, training and coaching activity. You are expected to contribute to the training calendar by leading sessions and acting as a role model for the junior team.
At this level, you will also have a role in company initiatives to enhance and promote working life at H+K. The scope of this involvement can span from local office to global programmes, include our internship and university programme, marketing activity, volunteering for the Global Virtual Mentoring scheme and a vast range of other exciting initiatives.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Establish a sector or discipline focus and build industry, media and influencer relationships to raise professional reputation in this area
- Independently manage multiple accounts and own/grow mid to senior-level relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Independently recognise, manage and resolve relatively complex client issues relating to performance and scope
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding and interest in client business/es and sector/s; including competitor, analyst, influencer, audience and stakeholder insight
- Keep abreast of current affairs, industry issues and trends, relating them to client situations
- Demonstrate creative and strategic thinking through development of integrated creative campaigns and the ability to take a creative idea across all channels; earned, owned, shared and paid
- Be passionate for storytelling, and proactively shape and pitch compelling creative – but strategically relevant – content ideas for clients
- Lead the account planning process, including annual and periodic account review/planning, and project proposals
- Maintain and grow senior media, influencer and stakeholder relationships on behalf of your clients and offer counsel on such relations to clients and colleagues
- Confidently build digital element into strategy, planning and execution, including mentoring teams and advising clients on community management and creative strategy
- Demonstrate ability to brief and support H+K and third party teams in delivery of creative content across media including design, photography, apps, websites and video
- Showcase strong and compelling presentation skills
- Maintain a high standard of writing, both personally and among junior team, by displaying/facilitating sharp editing skills and coaching individuals
- Act as brand guardian for clients, owning quality control and ensuring client approvals are obtained on all appropriate activities
- Expand relationships across MENAT and global H+K network teams to deliver consistently high-quality work across geographies acting as client representative in hub model
- Independently supervise day-to-day activity of account teams
- Manage and motivate the team/s, coach/train junior members of staff and ensure individuals have the right skills for the team to work together effectively
- Provide fair and real-time feedback on team members, and encourage improved performance in others
- Delegate effectively and know when to escalate issues to senior management
- Act as a H+K ambassador internally and externally
- Be accountable to the team and clients by managing time effectively, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail
- Have knowledge and understanding of client contract and responsibility for delivering and reporting activity within a scope of work
- Demonstrate financial accountability through managing client budgets, resourcing, invoicing and debt with minimal senior oversight
- Showcase basic negotiation skills
- Be aware of H+K’s offer, additional services, MENAT and global network; and be able to clearly articulate H+K’s positioning narrative
- Contribute to the external marketing activity of H+K Strategies
- Identify and pursue incremental business opportunities on current accounts, introduce new services or project scopes to organically grow business within your portfolio.
- Play an active role in new business; including speculating, qualifying leads, planning and preparation of new business proposals and taking a significant role in presentations
- Build a strong professional network, expanding media, influencer and industry contacts, engaging with professional industry bodies
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills
- Be familiar with H+Ks social media policy and professional practices
- Assume line management responsibility for a small group of consultants, AM level and below
- Build professional networks, increase involvement with industry associations and sector specific groups
- Increase active contribution to identifying, recruiting and retaining talent in the agency
- Raise client and industry relationships to a senior executive level, broaden connections within the client organization
- Proactively focus on identifying and pursuing opportunities for incremental and new business growth
- Increase responsibility for the financial and resourcing aspects of account planning and management
- Identify and discuss long term career goals with Line Manager
- Develop presence/gravitas and demonstrate professional behaviour at all times
- University degree
- 6++ years relevant industry experience (including agency)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
- Ability to brief + work with Studio – understands creative campaigns, Marketing experience
- Agency experience preferred